Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Got All Crew Skills. Now What?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Got All Crew Skills. Now What?

ThirdDementor
06.07.2014 , 03:18 PM | #1
Hey, everyone.

The title speaks for itself. I have every crafting skill on my toons, and now I've made a new one, and I have no idea what to pick on him, since every one of my other toons will be able to do it better.

I figured I should go with Slicing and 2 gathering skills, but the question is which?

psandak
06.07.2014 , 05:47 PM | #2
Which crafting skills are you most often short materials? Those are the gathering and/or mission skills you should take. At least that's what I did.

Nazdika
06.08.2014 , 12:00 AM | #3
That or throw in a mission skill, that sells well, like underworld trading. Ship droid can have a sensor for the crits, too.

Kulyok
06.09.2014 , 04:44 AM | #4
I usually keep biochem and bioanalysis on all new alts (got 450 in all crew skills, too), because this way they can use my levelling reusable stims and med units. As for the third skill, anything goes. If I want them to get Dark 5/Light 5 fast , it's Diplomacy. If it's a first char on the server and I badly need money, it's Slicing, and so on.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

Irongut
06.09.2014 , 07:31 AM | #5
I was in a similar position recently and picked Biochem so they can equip reusable health packs + stims made by my other Bio character, Bioanalysis so I can gather mats from things I've killed (I also considered Scavenging) and Slicing for the cash, etc. Having reached 55 with that character last week I'm happy with my choices.
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)

ekwalizer
06.09.2014 , 10:43 AM | #6
Once you are filled on all the skills:

Always take Slicing.

After that, there's a couple schools of thought.
1.) Pick up any combo of Scav/Arch/Bio
2.) Pick up always in demand Mission skills, like UWT and TH.
3.) Your companions really should dictate what you crew skill in.
4.) Use the ship droid sensor to augment your best companion.

Do a little research on what goes best with which story/companions.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=132015

AlixMV
06.12.2014 , 04:33 PM | #7
All my new toons after the first six (which covered the Crafting bases) have Biochem and two gathering skills, usually Bioanalysis and one other thing. I've run the gamut from Scavenging, Slicing, Underworld Trading, and Diplomacy in that other spot.

As someone else mentioned, doing Biochem allows you to use Reusable stims and medpacks as you level, making it slightly easier, and I do it on the off chance I might decide to run the character in endgame--being able to use Reusables there is pretty valuable because it means you're not burning through consumables.

Scavenging and UT tend to feed my Cybertech crafters (I have two), Slicing, in addition to the credits gathered farm purple mats for Augments, Diplomacy is used to generated LS/DS for those I care about and generate Grade 9 mats for endgame consumables for both myself and my Guild. When we're raiding enough, I have a hard time keeping up on demand even with mumblemumblemumble Bioanalysis characters cranking out mats through missions.
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Brixyl / Serateh ~ Ydris

Grayseven
06.13.2014 , 10:08 AM | #8
Take Scavenging (for mats from droids and nodes), Bioanalysis (for mats from nodes and creatures) and Slicing (for credits from nodes and for slicing components and missions discoveries).

Sell everything you don't need for your own crafters. Make a ton of credits.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.