Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Area Transition Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BurpinPickle's Avatar


BurpinPickle
06.11.2014 , 02:41 PM | #271
I certainly won't be renewing my subscription with this incident. Not until they get a better handle on their game. Updates are supposed to make the game run smoother. Not the other way around. Very frustrated with this right now.

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
06.11.2014 , 02:44 PM | #272 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Quick update: As it stands right now we have isolated what we believe is the root cause of the issue and are working on getting a fix in place. Our current target is to have a maintenance early Friday morning where we will deploy a patch which should address the issue. Just to reiterate, this is our target and it is not set in stone. We still need to get the fix in place and tested.

As I have updates I will pass them on, especially around timing. Once I know for sure whether or not it will be Friday I will pass that on!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ZETA_SCORPII's Avatar


ZETA_SCORPII
06.11.2014 , 02:45 PM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quick update: As it stands right now we have isolated what we believe is the root cause of the issue and are working on getting a fix in place. Our current target is to have a maintenance early Friday morning where we will deploy a patch which should address the issue. Just to reiterate, this is our target and it is not set in stone. We still need to get the fix in place and tested.

As I have updates I will pass them on, especially around timing. Once I know for sure whether or not it will be Friday I will pass that on!

-eric
Thanks for the update.

BuriDogshin's Avatar


BuriDogshin
06.11.2014 , 02:53 PM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by BurpinPickle View Post
I certainly won't be renewing my subscription with this incident. Not until they get a better handle on their game. Updates are supposed to make the game run smoother. Not the other way around.
Good luck finding an MMO that never experiences new bugs after an update. Failing that,
"Get used to dissapointment." -- The Dread Pirate Roberts, The Princess Bride
Going Preferred January 31, 2015.

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
06.11.2014 , 02:54 PM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quick update: As it stands right now we have isolated what we believe is the root cause of the issue and are working on getting a fix in place. Our current target is to have a maintenance early Friday morning where we will deploy a patch which should address the issue. Just to reiterate, this is our target and it is not set in stone. We still need to get the fix in place and tested.

As I have updates I will pass them on, especially around timing. Once I know for sure whether or not it will be Friday I will pass that on!

-eric
Hmm so 2 more days of not being to play if all goes well I guess. I don't remember everything from before but it does seem this is the worst situation yet where a lot of people are effectively unable to play the game for a full 3 days...if indeed you get the fix on Friday.

I am not sure what to say about this. I am pretty sure you guys are working hard towards a fix so thanks for the hard work, but at the same time this is rather a set back on what I was hoping for. Not one of the game's finest moments I fear.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
06.11.2014 , 03:07 PM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Hmm so 2 more days of not being to play if all goes well I guess. I don't remember everything from before but it does seem this is the worst situation yet where a lot of people are effectively unable to play the game for a full 3 days...if indeed you get the fix on Friday.

I am not sure what to say about this. I am pretty sure you guys are working hard towards a fix so thanks for the hard work, but at the same time this is rather a set back on what I was hoping for. Not one of the game's finest moments I fear.
If it fixes the issues then it'll be worth it. I know it might not seem ideal but that's just life.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
06.11.2014 , 03:11 PM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quick update: As it stands right now we have isolated what we believe is the root cause of the issue and are working on getting a fix in place. Our current target is to have a maintenance early Friday morning where we will deploy a patch which should address the issue. Just to reiterate, this is our target and it is not set in stone. We still need to get the fix in place and tested.

As I have updates I will pass them on, especially around timing. Once I know for sure whether or not it will be Friday I will pass that on!

-eric
Was a rollback considered at all Eric?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
06.11.2014 , 03:11 PM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
If it fixes the issues then it'll be worth it. I know it might not seem ideal but that's just life.
You are right of course and at least I know now so I can adjust my expectations and plan other things for the next two days.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
06.11.2014 , 03:13 PM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by BuriDogshin View Post
"Get used to dissapointment." -- The Dread Pirate Roberts, The Princess Bride
+10 Internets to you for a Princess Bride reference.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
06.11.2014 , 03:13 PM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
You are right of course and at least I know now so I can adjust my expectations and plan other things for the next two days.
Idk if you play on the Harbinger any but when I finally could get on, it seemed normal to me playwise. Of course all I did was open CM stuff and do the slots.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.