Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Area Transition Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

idnewton
06.10.2014 , 11:17 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Leaphar View Post
Bioware..I think there is a game in your bug
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 21
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +28,000

🗽 'MERICA -- **** YEA! 🗽

mattjurado
06.10.2014 , 11:17 AM | #22
Many users on harbinger cannot exit warzones. Just had it happen on obim.

Also, guild repair funds appear to have not reset.
Harbinger
Obim / Julieta / Yippee'ki'yay / Flacita / Obizzle / Leap'Bug'Fail / Rollingrock
Bootychaser / Senora'obim

AlixMV
06.10.2014 , 11:18 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TandyUK View Post
Why not just log a character in on the live servers and see the bugs for yourself.
Because the bugs are not affecting everyone universally, which means they could log in and not see it as you oh so helpfully suggested.

That means those who are being impacted need to report it. Only by collating the data will they be able to find the common thread to explain why some people are experiencing the bug behavior and some aren't, which will in turn let them track down where in the code things are broken.

/Troubleshooting 101
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Lor'rysi

Kawabonga
06.10.2014 , 11:21 AM | #24
What about the people that can't even install the patch? Should we just roll over and die?

Nokecity
06.10.2014 , 11:24 AM | #25
I haven't even patched the game and right now after reading this I don't think I want to at the moment. Wildstar til a fix I guess.

DOHboy
06.10.2014 , 11:24 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Rusah,

Quite a bit of what you named are the issues that we are investigating, yes. I should note however that the Legacy perks which reduce the cooldowns on certain forms of travel are a separate bug not tied to these issues. Tait mentioned that here.

I will keep you all updated on these issues!

-eric
Thanks Eric, I can imagine the fire fighting going on right now (been there). We're really looking forward to the new stuff and appreciate the hard work everyone is doing. Please keep us updated on any changes/developments when you feel it is needed. I have the up most confidence that BW can get a handle on these issues and will get them fixed as soon as you can. Keep up the good work

-dNk-
06.10.2014 , 11:27 AM | #27
Everything is bugged now, from first trying to log, right through for 10mins of hang on ship cutscenes.

After clicking play toon, hangs for some time before load bar shows, if gets into game then no guild for first minute or 2 or not at all.

Ship cutscenes broken, i am thinking this might happen on all, thus is a loading algorithm.

After logging into 3rd toon suddenly i was told i was f2p and under level 10 so couldn't chat privately, on a 55... This continued on all alt logs for around 9-10 attempts. Animations seem staggered and some are off.

I struggled to understand how so many things that worked so well before are now completely broken...

To be honest and frank, I am baffled by the frequency of sub-par standards set by Bioware/EA. I personally work in a demanding industry and for an organization that strives for "world class" standards, surely this is the same for such prolific game developers? If I, in my industry, turned in sub-par performance on a regular basis, i would in fact find myself unemployed. If I am incorrect in my assumptions, and the developers do not wish to set/achieve these higher standards, then perhaps an honest undertaking of informing your clients should be adapted, and those that pay good money to these developers, only to expect assurance of smooth running, could re-evaluate the fortunes the developers are reciving as "donations" for work incomplete.

Honesty, in all accounts, is the best policy.

DOHboy
06.10.2014 , 11:28 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TandyUK View Post
Why not just log a character in on the live servers and see the bugs for yourself.
Try to join a group or queue for gsf/wz/gf.
Try to quick travel to fleet pass.
If you manage to get a wz pop, try exiting the warzone afterwards.

These bugs seem to be affecting everyone on red eclipse pretty equally.
Its not a problem with logging in and seeing them. They know they exist, think its more trying to identify anyone who may have those issues and trying to identify commonality that maybe causing it, called data collection.

I.e identify things like location upon start up, legacy, achievements, open quests, completed quests, hardware configuration, subscriber status, char type, little things like that which have no place on the forums (clutter) but can help identify a root cause.

Darth_Wicked
06.10.2014 , 11:29 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
Thanks Eric, I can imagine the fire fighting going on right now (been there). We're really looking forward to the new stuff and appreciate the hard work everyone is doing. Please keep us updated on any changes/developments when you feel it is needed. I have the up most confidence that BW can get a handle on these issues and will get them fixed as soon as you can. Keep up the good work
Translation: Fix that s**t up.

BuriDogshin
06.10.2014 , 11:30 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by I_Sithed_MyPants View Post
Just turn Red Eclipse off and on again, fixes everything*.
There's a story that used to circulate in the AI community:
Quote:
A novice was trying to fix a broken Lisp machine by turning the power off and on.

Knight, seeing what the student was doing, spoke sternly: "You cannot fix a machine by just power-cycling it with no understanding of what is going wrong."

Knight turned the machine off and on. The machine worked.
Tom Knight was one of the primary developers of the Lisp machine. Lisp machines were used a lot in AI research in the 1980's, I used to work on one myself.
Going Preferred January 31, 2015.