Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scheduled Maintenance: June 10th, 2014

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Scheduled Maintenance: June 10th, 2014
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Karkais
06.09.2014 , 11:46 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
Well, for a freshie, they would have needed to spend a modicum of time to earn some elites/ultis, or at the very least run the Oricon for entry gear, which would have gotten them into weeklies - if anything, acquire SOME skills, coming fresh from Cartoon Network leveling gameplay.
And how is this related to for example an experienced player playing an alt that has not yet acquired the necessary gear? In my opinion gear is always a representative of work, not skill. I am also vehemently against gear progression MMOs, and would be out of here in a flash if there existed a meaningful sandbox mmo alternative, with preferably no gear progression or class system.
"Lieutenant, be advised that your weapon will require several decades of sustained fire
in order to penetrate my shields at their current charge... Good luck!"
- M1-4X

Liquor
06.10.2014 , 12:22 AM | #42
Great. Time to throw on some LvL 20 mods and bolster through SM OPS. Cheap repair bills. Thanks

o.0
Founder of *MaFiA* Oct 13, 2000 - SWG Elder, Chilastra -=- SWTOR CE - Shadowlands
SWTOR.tv - THE STREAM - YouTube
<Your Companon> - Vett/Mk/Zsh/Perce/Syls
<Your Companon> - Vtt/Vtt/Vtt/Vtt/Prc/Vdr/Scrg/Slas/Kalyo

Styxx
06.10.2014 , 12:59 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
And how is this related to for example an experienced player playing an alt that has not yet acquired the necessary gear? In my opinion gear is always a representative of work, not skill. I am also vehemently against gear progression MMOs, and would be out of here in a flash if there existed a meaningful sandbox mmo alternative, with preferably no gear progression or class system.
SOME work is better than NO work - good for rotations and awareness if anything. Also good for incidents like a guy not knowing he has an interrupt or what that interrupt is at Draxus, in 168 / 180 gear. Or tanks that couldn`t sink in their thick skulls that the weekly boss in SnV needs to face AWAY from the raid.

However, your original question was answered. You don`t like the answer, that is your problem, not mine. We could also argue that NiM progression is just muscle memory and training monkeys in top gear, but then we`d need to provide proof that most of the servers have 5/5 NiM progression, which is slightly unrealistic. So work has its meaning - and work for gear is better than no work at all and a big mouth.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Reno_Tarshil
06.10.2014 , 01:49 AM | #44
Seems their Time zones were off as Maintenance should have started almost 3 hours ago.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

ServerDroid
06.10.2014 , 09:03 AM | #45 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
All game servers are once again available! Thank you for your patience.