Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Artifice and Mods

Sirfei
12.25.2011 , 12:28 PM | #1
I've been working on my Artifice crafting skill for quite some time (and enjoy it), and have gotten to the point where the section "MOD" should be available. This section lets you make modifications like "Might Mod 14", "Reflex Mod 14", etc. These items start being usable at level 33 and I'm currently at 31 (not that higher level recipes means I can't learn or craft them).

The starting items require at least a skill in Artifice of 240. I have a skill level of 260, but I can't train/learn these recipes from the trainer at all saying "You do not have the appropriate crew skill". What the heck does that mean? Anyone else come across this and know what it means or how to get around it?
~: Hitchhiker's Guild to the Galaxy :~
Just a bunch of hoopy froods who really know
where their towels are.

( GuildMaster )

afootdoc
12.25.2011 , 12:37 PM | #2
Errr. That's bc Cybertech makes mods, not Artifice.

Sirfei
12.25.2011 , 12:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by afootdoc View Post
Errr. That's bc Cybertech makes mods, not Artifice.
So this must be bug as it shows under the Artifice trainer... Anyone else see this too? It's only viewable if you select "Show All" at the top.
~: Hitchhiker's Guild to the Galaxy :~
Just a bunch of hoopy froods who really know
where their towels are.

( GuildMaster )

JediDevon
12.25.2011 , 01:16 PM | #4
Artifice make force user mods. I'm only level 22 abd my artifice skill is at 102 and i've been able to make mods for awhie now. You might need to buy the lowerleveled skills first
Light and dark are two sides of the same coin. One cannot exist without the other. :csw_redlightsaber:

Sardeya
12.25.2011 , 01:33 PM | #5
The trainer shows you that you can buy mods, when you actually can't.
I'm level 400, and I can't buy the mod recipies. Says I don't have the right crew skill.
Artifice only creates Hilts and Enhancements (and, of course, colour crystals).

Drakhon
12.25.2011 , 01:36 PM | #6
The Mod recipes don't show up when you have it filtered to Trainable because they require a skill other than Artifice (presumably Cybertech). I don't know why they're (duplicated?) on the Artifice trainer, but I imagine it's something leftover from all the crew skill redesign/reorganization that happened during the beta.

Quote: Originally Posted by JediDevon View Post
Artifice make force user mods. I'm only level 22 abd my artifice skill is at 102 and i've been able to make mods for awhie now. You might need to buy the lowerleveled skills first
He's referring specifically to the "Mod" modifications, not modifications (including Hilts and Enhancements) in general.

Also, whose idea was it to name the slot "Mod", anyway, when the items are called modifications?