Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen and Jaesa Wilsam, a contrast of human nature?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Kira Carsen and Jaesa Wilsam, a contrast of human nature?

errant_knight
06.03.2014 , 07:31 PM | #11
I may find that if I ever finish her dialogues, lol. She requires coddling that irritates my warrior. He may lean LS, but he still resents weakness. He is a sith afterall

Karkais
06.04.2014 , 03:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by E-Zekiel View Post

While Jaesa is generally a more passive/agreeable personality, I think that if she were left to be light-sided, she would -eventualy- become a more independently strong person, even if it was taking the Sith's example that got her started off toward "recovery".
This is an interesting topic since the padawans are almost mirror images of one another. Jaesa makes a bit more sense though, and I suspect she might have a codependent personality disorder. ("your whims are my desires")
Jaesa was always looking for someone to lead her. She swaps to SWs side when SW shows he/she is stronger than Nomen Karr. Her possible switch to darkside is even more suitable since SW can show that dark side is stronger and that Nomen Karr was actually secretly relying on dark side and his propaganda about lightside was false (I did this with my SW).

Kira though... we all know is fiercely independent and strong of character... what bugs me though is that this kind of independent personality is just the type that dark side generally preys on. Dark side is basically the culmination of indepencende and selfishness. After all, her history is not that much different from sith inquisitor story, yet Kira escapes Sith academy... for some reason?
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

errant_knight
06.04.2014 , 10:16 AM | #13
Kira was younger, perhaps seeming less of a threat and in a position of the highest trust and potential power that she could obtain. It was inconceivable that she'd try to leave and people tend not to guard against inconceivable things.

Personally, I think the emperor let her go, intending just what happened. By the time it did, he had a few issues of his own to deal with though, so he wasn't able to utilize the opportunity in the ws that was originally planned.

Aresnar
06.28.2014 , 10:58 AM | #14
My personal interpretation of Jaesa Wisam is not that she is weak (in terms of personality) but rather that she is looking for one thing she can truely rely on.

See the main thing to keep in mind is her power, to see the truth of people. That's an awesome power but the phrase "so sharp you'll cut yourself" comes into my mind or to quote House M.D: "Everyone lies".

Imagine going through life being able to see through people. Sensing the everyday lies the tell. For example take a look at Jaesa's parents. They may have loved her but they were perfectly willing to take advantage of her "gift" to improve their own status. How do you think Jaesa felt when she saw (at a young age) that greed in her parents? That they were using her?

Same thing when she served the "good organa" noble woman? Organa's are noble and pure right? But she was just as mired in the muck of politics and raising her own station as the other nobles.

Now come the Jedi and her master Nomen Karr... Remember her line about Jedi being pure? About supposedly being able to trust them? Same thing with the light being stronger then the dark and the darkness inside her master.

Quite frankly Karr was the absolute worse master for her in that sense. Someone who was looking to take advantage of Jaesa for his own motivations and dishonest about himself to himself.

"I thought I found something I could count on. The Jedi are...pure. Your supposed to know where you stand with them right?"

"Was it all lies? Everything."

"All my life I have put up with deciet and deinal...I thought the jedi would be different"

But upon being turned to the dark side by the SW?

"The fear you inspire forces TRUTH to the surace. I want that"

"At last I feel a sense of purpose, somthing I can count on."

See the SW is for the most part (brutally) honest with her.

You might say that how can you trust a lying cheating etc dark sider? But that's the thing. You can trust a snake in the grass to be a snake in the grass. You can trust a used car salesman to sell you a lemon. You can trust the darksider to be a darksider.

The people you trust to be pure, noble and good though? Can you trust them to be that way? Do you EXPECT your friend to sell you a lemon?

What I am trying to say is that it's not so much pleasing others that's Jaesa's flaw. It's that need to have something reliable, something she can believe in. To be fair given her powers it's an understandable flaw. Seeing deciet EVERYWHERE and then finding one person who doesn't practice it (in terms of self-deciet) is probably a relief.

To put it in terms of Kira though:

Imagine if she had the same power as Jaesa and that when she first joined the Jedi order she would see selfishness, darkness, envy in her master? Talk about dashing a person's hopes right?