Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Rulebook


Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
06.03.2014 , 08:30 AM | #1
Below is a comprehensive guide to pretty much every aspect of the Kaggath you could think off, you needn't be aware of each and every rule but I've bolded the most important parts that you may wish to skim over.

Most of all however this will serve as a resource for myself and for you if you have any questions - though feel free to ask me personally - and most importantly to ensure my verdicts remain consistent throughout the tournament.

The rulebook is split between Classic, and Battlegrounds mode. Classic refers to the standard galaxy-wide Kaggath whereas Battlegrounds - a new mode which I plan to start the next tournament in - takes place on a single planet.

Your thoughts, suggestions etc. on the rulebook are also encouraged.


==================================================

What is the Kaggath?


The Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Ground Rules
Spoiler
Leadership
Overview
Spoiler
Head of State
Spoiler
Second-in-Command
Spoiler
Allies
Spoiler
Allegiances
Spoiler
Influence and Assets
Spoiler
Suppliers & Organisations
Overview
Spoiler
Classic Mode

Supplier
Spoiler
Organisation
Spoiler
Battlegrounds Mode

Supplier
Spoiler
Organisation
Spoiler
Military
Classic Mode

Overview
Spoiler
Ground Forces
Spoiler
Naval Forces
Spoiler
Battlegrounds Mode

Overview
Spoiler
Infantry/Ground Forces
Spoiler
Vehicles/Ground Forces
Spoiler
Naval Forces
Spoiler
Planets & Territories
Classic Mode
Spoiler
Additional Territory Resources
Spoiler
Unit Affiliations
Spoiler
Battlegrounds Mode
Spoiler
Role and Powers of the Arbiter
Spoiler

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
06.03.2014 , 09:27 AM | #2
These Arbiters, how are they selected? Is it random for each match, or will there be set Arbiters on rotation?

More questions to come as I think on it.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
06.03.2014 , 11:15 AM | #3
Neither of the map links work, Beni.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Silenceo's Avatar


Silenceo
06.03.2014 , 01:18 PM | #4
Try this link for the map http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...galaxy-map.jpg

And quite a nice list of rules...Now to go adjust my faction to fit, or otherwise fit enough to get the units that it requires when it comes time, and work out the problems when they become apparent...

Btw, what if an organization does not really have a state planet associated with it? Is that similar ruling as to the nomadic like units where they just have to have a home base? I know all organizations tend to have home bases, but the one that I wish to use never specified on where it really worked from. *No, its not the Maw Installation.*

As for the Major/Minor ground forces, is it possible to have a large Major force, but also a tiny Minor force? *a few elite units* or will it have to be 3 minors or 1 major?

For the map ruling, what happens if the planets you have chosen are already within 1 square of each other? Does that territory extension cancel out, combine in the opposite direction, bonus, nullified? *Note, outer rim version*

Other than leaders, are there any banned suppliers/allies/units/ships*other than over 1000+ weapons*/organizations/planets?

What constitutes as a *super weapon*? For example, if it is not one that causes instant destruction but more of a gradual victory, would it still be considered? *still quite expensive to create, but not nearly as unfair as a Baradium Missiles or a death star* Or is it more of an absolute nothing that can be come close to a super weapon?

Would you gain the schematics to certain droids if your organization was one of the creators if its design, aka blueprints, and be able to then create them?

Is it possible to add a little personal preference to how the capital ships are manned? For example taking a Venator but having it controlled mostly by droids.

If I come up with other questions, I will post them.

After Thought: Beni, what time zone are you in? Want to try and make sure I do not end up submitting mine right before you go to bed and have low chances of maintaining my selected choices . (Hate those times I finish reading the current forum threads, go to bed, wake up and there are entirely new threads several pages long. CURSE YOU TIME DIFFERENCES!!!!)

Off-topic side note: New sig Aurbere? Guessing to fit the new text color?
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
06.03.2014 , 02:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post

Off-topic side note: New sig Aurbere? Guessing to fit the new text color?
Indeed.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
06.03.2014 , 03:45 PM | #6
warning with the rules as Is I doubt any one will choose a "major" ground force. If its going to be 10k vs 5k +5k there is a clear and distinct Disadvantage to choosing a "Major" ground force, including both having equal numbers as well as additionally having less diversity. there is no reason for some one to choose a "Major" ground force (not like it was a popular choice before as I was litterally the only one that even saw the potential of a Major force now its worthless might as well not exist as an option) of course talking classic mode here.


Edit: Also Rule number 62. Dont you think that leaves the Light capital and the Heavy Capital a little close to each other.... i mean it could work, but I am cautious of this.


Edit: Rule Number 64. GOOD CHOICE

Edit: be cautious of rule 85 as worded potential exploits could be had.


Edit: Rules 89-91 could cause some difficulty in building a faction, suggest help be provided to those that have a unit they want but arent sure of planets .


Final Edit: read through all the rules concerns listed .

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
06.03.2014 , 03:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
These Arbiters, how are they selected? Is it random for each match, or will there be set Arbiters on rotation?

More questions to come as I think on it.
I was planning on having several reliable folks (such as yourself ) be chosen as Arbiters to form a sort of panel that would rotate either randomly or based on expertise.
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Neither of the map links work, Beni.
Alright thanks, they should be working now.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
06.03.2014 , 03:58 PM | #8
Also the rules as you can see are numbered for ease of access, but also because of that as updates are made new rules will be added but not in numerical but rather topical order, which you may have already noticed. But a Ctrl F should solve that problem.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
06.03.2014 , 03:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I was planning on having several reliable folks (such as yourself ) be chosen as Arbiters to form a sort of panel that would rotate either randomly or based on expertise.
Very good.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
06.03.2014 , 04:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
And quite a nice list of rules...Now to go adjust my faction to fit, or otherwise fit enough to get the units that it requires when it comes time, and work out the problems when they become apparent...

Btw, what if an organization does not really have a state planet associated with it? Is that similar ruling as to the nomadic like units where they just have to have a home base? I know all organizations tend to have home bases, but the one that I wish to use never specified on where it really worked from. *No, its not the Maw Installation.*

As for the Major/Minor ground forces, is it possible to have a large Major force, but also a tiny Minor force? *a few elite units* or will it have to be 3 minors or 1 major?

For the map ruling, what happens if the planets you have chosen are already within 1 square of each other? Does that territory extension cancel out, combine in the opposite direction, bonus, nullified? *Note, outer rim version*

Other than leaders, are there any banned suppliers/allies/units/ships*other than over 1000+ weapons*/organizations/planets?

What constitutes as a *super weapon*? For example, if it is not one that causes instant destruction but more of a gradual victory, would it still be considered? *still quite expensive to create, but not nearly as unfair as a Baradium Missiles or a death star* Or is it more of an absolute nothing that can be come close to a super weapon?

Would you gain the schematics to certain droids if your organization was one of the creators if its design, aka blueprints, and be able to then create them?

Is it possible to add a little personal preference to how the capital ships are manned? For example taking a Venator but having it controlled mostly by droids.

If I come up with other questions, I will post them.

After Thought: Beni, what time zone are you in? Want to try and make sure I do not end up submitting mine right before you go to bed and have low chances of maintaining my selected choices . (Hate those times I finish reading the current forum threads, go to bed, wake up and there are entirely new threads several pages long. CURSE YOU TIME DIFFERENCES!!!!)

Off-topic side note: New sig Aurbere? Guessing to fit the new text color?
1. Just remember we are going with Battlegrounds first, so only those rules apply unless otherwise said. Also I won't be taking faction submissions until I'd posted the admin thread, which will compile the most relevant rules.

2. Refer to Rule #34:

#34 The organisation provides whatever designated base of operations you have given them, though this cannot be under any circumstances a production facility. It also has to be capable of accommodating for their needs e.g. the presence of an information network/black market, but does not have to be directly affiliated with them in any way.

So if its not specified, all you need is a base that can support their operations.

3. I'm afraid not, the numbers aren't going to be particularly large here so even a small squad counts for something.

4. I think you misunderstand, only the Capital world has territory annexed around it.

5. Possibly, but probably unlikely, and if so probably specified in the rules somewhere.

6. If its been referred to as a superweapon at any point, its a superweapon. If it hasn't, its not. Unless is glaringly obvious. I'm sure we can fall back on our own discretion and intuition to sort out any potential issues there.

7. Refer to Rule #25:

#25 Members of leadership only retain their influence e.g. contacts, access, knowledge. They also have access to personal weapons and vehicles such as speeders or starships – though nothing that could be classed as a capital ship or tank/walker etc.

If they are a droid, or someone with a photographic memory who has intimate knowledge of said schematics then yes, otherwise no I'm afraid. Which means in most cases this will likely not be the case.

8. Refer to Rule #48:

#48 Vessels within a naval force will be piloted by the relevant ground force i.e. a ground force with a naval force equivalent e.g. Stormtroopers would provide the Imperial Navy. If more than one ground force can provide, then it is up to the faction maker to choose.

Though if you don't have that luxury, then no you cannot choose what you please.

I live in the UK, so I think thats British Summer Time - I posted this as roughly 11:15pm. And I know the feeling.