Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Solo ranked matchmaking is a joke!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Solo ranked matchmaking is a joke!

Foambreaker
06.03.2014 , 10:36 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Children of today weren't taught it, either ... Sadly ...
Ya, today they pay the losers the same prize as the winners because "you are all special".

Then they learn that losing is profitable and stop trying to win.

I think if you made a game that was truly fair, not many would play it.

mrekxxx
06.03.2014 , 10:52 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ilifus View Post
I lost 3 games in a roll, because they had tank and offhealer (sorc joining as dps) and we had only tank! How is that fair when we had zero chance of winning those games? Where is the fun when you know they win by setup and you can't do anything?

Is there a chance a single Dev to care about this and fix it?

kick all skank healers from their guilds and problem a bit solved ... community might have some rulezzz

english is my 3rd language :P

Foambreaker
06.03.2014 , 03:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by mrekxxx View Post

english is my 3rd language :P
I understand, I'm from the US, English is my second language

SlightlySychotic
06.03.2014 , 05:35 PM | #14
ARENAS are the joke, and they always will be. We need standard warzones to be added to ranked. They're less susceptible to random chance: the higher player numbers make it less likely that a give team will get "out-roled" and have a greater reliance on strategy and counter-strategies. The sooner that devs come to realize this the better.
Darth Sychotic: (Sith Juggernaut) "Whatever does not kill you has failed and must be made to pay egregiously for its error."
Kaz Keeno: (Scoundrel) "One day I hope we can just move on and put this whole 'trying-to-kill-me' nonsense behind us."

Foambreaker
06.03.2014 , 06:22 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SlightlySychotic View Post
ARENAS are the joke, and they always will be. We need standard warzones to be added to ranked. They're less susceptible to random chance: the higher player numbers make it less likely that a give team will get "out-roled" and have a greater reliance on strategy and counter-strategies. The sooner that devs come to realize this the better.
Exactly, WoW screwed themselves when they added arenas, for the same reason, small teams just accentuate balance issues. Naturally BW copied the bad mistakes...

Soon all your classes end up having to be watered down, because 3 stun seconds is forever in arena and nothing in WZ.

Sith-Viscera
06.03.2014 , 06:31 PM | #16
I lost 4 in a roll, first 2 was 3 vs 4 and of course odds weren't in my teams favor, easy win for the pubs. the last 2 had 3 sages and a Commado, the last one had 3 commados and 1 sage. lol I MEAN, WHAT THE FREAK!

So much for BALANCE!!!!
I can use my powers to conjure up your worst nightmares and bring them to life before your eyes. I can drive you mad with fear, shred your sanity, and leave you a raving lunatic for the rest of your life. -Darth Zannah

ilifus
07.15.2014 , 11:19 AM | #17
This matchmaking is such a joke from 10 games i lost 9 just because of one or two noobs in my team with no gear or skill! Nice job BW but i am not payin for it!
BioWare stole my knock down!

Grayseven
07.15.2014 , 11:37 PM | #18
Had an arena where our 4 dps went against 2 dps and 2 heals. Probably would have been more fun had there been 3 and 1.

And no, the 2 healer team wasn't a pre-made. It was imp on imp with only one 2 dps pre-made, the rest were solo's.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

Ancagalon
07.16.2014 , 12:29 AM | #19
I lost 11 games in a row, because the other team had all +1800 index (healer with +2700 ) when i had under geared players with no index and lvl 49-52 stuff!
i faced almost the same team each time!
How is that possible why i don t get two of them in my team for a fair fight?

chillshock
07.16.2014 , 01:27 AM | #20
It happens probably because there is no matchmaking beyond "db-index" or somesuch nonsense. *shrugs*

They really should have:
- added class requirements: 1 heal, 1 tank, 2 dd (or respective hybrids with 'most points in..')
- removed bolster from ranked
- remove solo queue from all Arena matches
- added a system: You have to win 3 times regular in a row to be promoted to ranked. If you lose 5 times in a row you get 'demoted' from ranked.