Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't generate focus points.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Can't generate focus points.

BrickHart
12.27.2011 , 12:37 AM | #1
All of a sudden i can't generate any focus points, which means I can't fight. Has anyone had this problem or am I doing something wrong?

Shammus
12.27.2011 , 12:39 AM | #2
silly question.. what level / class are you? And are you using the abilities that generate focus? if you are, have you tried to relog? quit the game completely and come back in?

I would also bug report this if youre doing all of the above.
Sith Weapons And Tactics
Guildmaster | Giradda the Hutt
You have been knocked unconscious! Pain and suffering tries to strike YOU, but misses! You died. Returning to home point, please wait...LOADING, PLEASE WAIT

BrickHart
12.27.2011 , 12:43 AM | #3
Yes, I've tried all that. I have a Jedi and all my abilities require focus pts. I'm using the same routine I always used. It just stopped working. I can leap to target to gain 3 focus pts. but as soon as I use them my normal focus generating attack doesn't work.

Highcommander
12.27.2011 , 12:51 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BrickHart View Post
Yes, I've tried all that. I have a Jedi and all my abilities require focus pts. I'm using the same routine I always used. It just stopped working. I can leap to target to gain 3 focus pts. but as soon as I use them my normal focus generating attack doesn't work.
Can you be specific? what attacks are you using?
The Ebon Hawk (Light - RP-PvE) UnderWorld Alliance - UA
------------------------------------------------------Visit our website
-------- System Alerts
-------- Server Status

IamKlaxon
12.27.2011 , 07:22 PM | #5
I too am having the same problem. I havnt changed my methods either. Jump into attack, then a single attack afterwards that used up what I have remaining for focus, then thats it! I have to keep backing out of combat and re-jumping in to get focus again.

SWTORftwXD
03.13.2012 , 06:17 PM | #6
same here i just got the game and it started happening i picked jedi knight and im level 6 and it was working fine but i cant regenerate even 1 point im madddddd please help... anyone

va_wanderer
03.13.2012 , 06:34 PM | #7
Early on, there's two attacks only that generate focus- Strike and your leap-in ability.

Make sure you're using Strike early and often. Common error I've seen is replacing Strike with a "bigger" attack on your skills bar...and then not having anything to recharge yourself mid-combat. Sometimes, even without knowing you did. Make sure you don't actually have Slash or another Focus-draining ability keyed up instead.
Help unify PvP and PvE content- PvP+E! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=298731

Maranea
03.13.2012 , 07:06 PM | #8
Hit P, which opens up a list of all your abilities. Note the tabs at the bottom of the window. Read the tooltips for the abilities, find the basic attack that's used to generate focus (apparantly it's called Strike?), and drag that to a quickslot.

Important note: Rightclick uses whatever you have in quickslot 1. You start the game with your basic, focus generating attack in quickslot 1, so most people assume that rightclick = basic attack. But if you put another ability at 1, or nothing at all, your right click changes too.

Above all else, read the tooltips for all of your abilities.

Dytron
06.03.2014 , 01:10 AM | #9
Thanks this Helped.