Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

can someone help me with my dilemma?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
can someone help me with my dilemma?

06.02.2014 , 02:25 PM | #11
Heh, the AC choices are pretty much the same as mine, except I chose Merc instead of PT cept I later realised I should've chosen PT (I have another BH though if I ever get bored). Also since I got a sorc to 55 first I made an Assassin as well and I'm deciding what role to make my lvl 9 consular.

It's a pretty big shame I accidently chose Merc, as I really want to play a PT (since it's a tank class), and I already have a pretty high lvl Commando.
Nub at everything.

Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I.

06.02.2014 , 09:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
That seems kind of needless. And you still might go nuts regardless. Seems to me to be a better idea to get one or two max level characters first so it will be easier to fund your alts (especially for companion gifts - that gets pricey for low levels). Not to mention if you level one character at a time you open up the legacy unlocks and presence bonuses that lower level characters will benefit from the most. The legacy abilities are more useful to high levels, but the presence is mostly useful to low levels.
I should have included a little bit more methinks, I've been here since launch and that I'd already had 1 of each class at 50 when the hutt cartel expansion was released - apart from those 8, the rest were either none-existent or on DK or Coruscant. I'd agree with you on getting a couple to max level first, or at the very least to the end of C2 (when the legacy buffs kick in).

The other thing I should have mentioned is acquiring an addiction to the lower level heroics - once solo-able they are an invaluable source of planet comms for kitting out lower level alts (buy mods not kit as the kit's BoP) as well as gusing them to grind out the "kill x" achievements for your lesser used companions.
Requiescat in Pace