Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Solo ranked matchmaking is a joke!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Solo ranked matchmaking is a joke!

ilifus
06.02.2014 , 10:48 AM | #1
I lost 3 games in a roll, because they had tank and offhealer (sorc joining as dps) and we had only tank! How is that fair when we had zero chance of winning those games? Where is the fun when you know they win by setup and you can't do anything?

Is there a chance a single Dev to care about this and fix it?
BioWare stole my knock down!

Foambreaker
06.02.2014 , 10:52 AM | #2
Fair play, unfortunately, is not something the devs were taught as children...

AlrikFassbauer
06.02.2014 , 10:57 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
Children of today weren't taught it, either ... Sadly ...
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

ilifus
06.02.2014 , 11:04 AM | #4
LOL this made my day..! Btw lost 4 games in a roll all vs the same offhealer.. Why he never join my group? FFS!
BioWare stole my knock down!

foxmob
06.02.2014 , 11:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ilifus View Post
LOL this made my day..! Btw lost 4 games in a roll all vs the same offhealer.. Why he never join my group? FFS!
I know this is petty of me, but on the off chance you just don't know...it's "on a roll" and "in a row."
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Uber_the_Goober
06.02.2014 , 11:43 AM | #6
I'd rather no matchup occur if the proper roles couldn't be put into a single group.

Not playing is better than playing a match with a foregone conclusion.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Lionhan
06.02.2014 , 12:51 PM | #7
lol if it were only that...long queues just to get teamed with afkers, leavers, muppets or stardamons, crappy geared noobs or arrogant hardcore players in an environment broken ELO gains/losses, incorrect Hybrid-Cheese class matching, heaven for self sufficient classes, etc, etc...

TurboDron
06.03.2014 , 03:49 AM | #8
I lost 3 games in a roll, because they had tank and offhealer (sorc joining as dps) and we had only tank! How is that fair when we had zero chance of winning those games? Where is the fun when you know they win by setup and you can't do anything?

Is there a chance a single Dev to care about this and fix it?
It's not funny of course but...
if you had had good DPS you could have killed that sorc. 3 DPS on 1 sorc, all interrupt him, he just can't heal that burst, no AOE heal.
English is my 2nd language. Server: TOFN
Elite Warlord: Powertech. Warlord: Assassin, Sage, Sorc
Conqueror: Sentinel, Jugger, Oper. War Hero: Marauder, Commando.

Zadtro
06.03.2014 , 04:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TurboDron View Post
It's not funny of course but...
if you had had good DPS you could have killed that sorc. 3 DPS on 1 sorc, all interrupt him, he just can't heal that burst, no AOE heal.
Well guarded healer means 50% damage reduction. Sorc healers have interrupt immunity which last like 10 secs i think so they do get some heals off which in ranked make all the difference. If they can get out their channel heal and crit it is 9k heal. When it is a game of suitability that makes all the difference.

And dont say pushbacks or stuns because resolve bar fills up pretty quick and they have barrier breaker and normal cc breaker so they have a grouped ranked setup which is completely unfair.

In all honesty I have beaten it in solo a few times but that was only because we had a combat sent on our team who we could sit on the healer whilst we downed another dps. A shadow would be ok for it but unless you have one of those classes that healer will be a happy healer.

eerinbastile
06.03.2014 , 07:22 AM | #10
Ohh ... so its only a problem if hes not on your team okay.