Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

23/5 Operative Class Rep Questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
23/5 Operative Class Rep Questions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Adovir
05.26.2014 , 05:00 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
Do you need to submit something in a separate thread or notify (PM) Eric that the questions are officially ready? Also, I believe they mentioned a staff meeting Friday, and it's a 3-day weekend (in the U.S.), so maybe pm Eric mid-day Tuesday if we haven't heard anything.
You don't need to pm the devs with the questions all you need to do is leave it in a designated part of the thread, usually the first/second post made from the OP. ill give them that it's Memorial Day weekend but if we don't get it soon ill be kinda sad but I won give up hope bc if there's no hope in the class questions the the class is essentially dead and I refuse to believe that
Quote:
speak not to that which you do not know
lest you look a fool

Adovir
05.27.2014 , 05:10 AM | #122
Since they haven't made any responces yet ill just throw this idea out, counter measures has a talent in one of the dps trees that makes you untargetable for the next 4 seconds? Would only effect single target abilities so we can still be hit by aoe attacks but it would be a nice anti-focus ability with a reasonable cool down for its duration.
Quote:
lest you look a fool

snave
05.27.2014 , 06:31 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Adovir View Post
Since they haven't made any responces yet ill just throw this idea out, counter measures has a talent in one of the dps trees that makes you untargetable for the next 4 seconds? Would only effect single target abilities so we can still be hit by aoe attacks but it would be a nice anti-focus ability with a reasonable cool down for its duration.
That's a brand new mechanic and it also makes us effectively immune to all damage for 4 seconds which is massively over powered even with a long cool down. I liked the idea of countermeasures reducing stun duration but even that would be a new mechanic and I just can't see that happening.

If you're looking to speed up the response I'd suggest you go on twitter and ask them what's going on, if enough people do it we'll get an answer.

EricMusco
05.27.2014 , 09:41 AM | #124 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

First off, I apologize for the delay in grabbing your questions from this thread, that is my fault.

In looking over your questions, I want to request a couple of changes before sending them off to the devs for review. My main goal here is that I want to make sure that your questions are answered in a clear and concise way and as part of that, I think there needs be a bit of simplification to your questions.

I appreciate how thorough Snave has been in creating some of the supporting information around each question. Part of the issue though in having all of that information is that each question then becomes multiple questions rolled into one. Keep in mind the goal is to have three questions, although I certainly understand the desire to get as much out of them as you can . Please try to simplify the questions so that they are a bit more simplified and singular.

Also, I know there is quite a bit of frustration in the Operative/Scoundrel community right now. You worry about the viability of your DPS specs in both PvE and PvP. I hope that you can get answers to some of your concerns out of this top three. The one thing I would ask when reworking the questions is to try to keep them constructive and maybe a little nicer . I know you guys are frustrated but please try not to be attacking in your questions.

As an Operative player myself I think I have a fairly good grasp on the questions you are trying to ask. Snave, feel free to PM me if you have any questions or would like assistance. I apologize again for the delay in getting this information over to you.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Uber_the_Goober
05.27.2014 , 10:04 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

First off, I apologize for the delay in grabbing your questions from this thread, that is my fault.

In looking over your questions, I want to request a couple of changes before sending them off to the devs for review. My main goal here is that I want to make sure that your questions are answered in a clear and concise way and as part of that, I think there needs be a bit of simplification to your questions.

I appreciate how thorough Snave has been in creating some of the supporting information around each question. Part of the issue though in having all of that information is that each question then becomes multiple questions rolled into one. Keep in mind the goal is to have three questions, although I certainly understand the desire to get as much out of them as you can . Please try to simplify the questions so that they are a bit more simplified and singular.

Also, I know there is quite a bit of frustration in the Operative/Scoundrel community right now. You worry about the viability of your DPS specs in both PvE and PvP. I hope that you can get answers to some of your concerns out of this top three. The one thing I would ask when reworking the questions is to try to keep them constructive and maybe a little nicer . I know you guys are frustrated but please try not to be attacking in your questions.

As an Operative player myself I think I have a fairly good grasp on the questions you are trying to ask. Snave, feel free to PM me if you have any questions or would like assistance. I apologize again for the delay in getting this information over to you.

-eric
Like this?

Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
PVE [speaking in reference to the current PTS]
Whilst the proposed changes are a step in the right direction; could you please tell us the reason behind the decisions you made, what you plan on doing to bring DPS based operatives in to line with regards to raid utility and what you plan on changing with Lethality in order to make it more favourable.

PVP

Can you please explain to us how you find it acceptable that DPS operatives have been excluded from ranked PvP since its creation, can you also let us know why you think the upcoming changes to concealment will be enough to warrant a spot in ranked PvP and why you have completely neglected Lethality? Please bear in mind that most teams have already declared they will still not take a DPS operative as part of their team.

Wildcard:

Quality of life:

There have been several changes to Operatives recently that have seriously diminished the quality of life of the class; in addition to quit a lot of pre-existing ones.

This was also asked previously but seemingly ignored. Our set bonuses are virtually useless.

What you will be doing over the next few patches in order to increase our poor quality of life with in the game?

Eric, I certainly hope the devs have been reading this thread.

I love my operative, it's part of the reason I pay for this game...but I haven't played him in MONTHS because of the changes. The playstyle has changed too much. Not my cup of tea any longer. I'm not alone in that thought. Keep it in mind - the class is no longer the same as it was when it was originally conceived.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

snave
05.27.2014 , 10:43 AM | #126
Hey folks,

-eric
I've written this paragraph out about 10 times so far and then deleted it each time due to frustrations boiling over.

The questions are simple and singular, the text preceding them are to provide context - not to ask more questions. I can maybe see your point with the last question but not at all with the first two. Regardless of my opinion on this I've taken the questions, removed all the context and research from them to make them as simple as possible for you.

This is far from being the most constructive approach but I'll see this process out until the end.

If you actually want to fix the class rather than simply pay us some loose lip service I'd suggest you read the full questions, we've been very patient with you and we'd appreciate it if you could show some patience to us.

1: PVE

Based on the proposed 2.8 PTS changes it looks like you're taking a step in the right direction to fixing Concealment's poor survivability. Could you please let us know the reason behind the changes you've made and what other tweaks you have planned to help bring DPS based operatives in line with regards to raid utility as we are currently lacking in that department?

Lethality received no changes, could you please also explain your reasoning behind that too?

2: PVP

DPS operatives have been excluded from ranked PvP since its creation due to poor class balancing, it's great you've noticed this and put forward changes for Concealment on the PTS. Can you please let us know why you feel the upcoming changes are sufficient and what you will do if Concealment continues to be "non viable" for ranked play.

I feel obliged to point out again that Lethality has received no changes and will remain on the sidelines.

3: Wildcard

Quality of life:

There have been several changes to Operatives recently that have seriously diminished the quality of life of the class in addition to quite a lot of pre-existing problems. Here is a reduced list containing some of the more pressing points:

• The removal of crouch preventing leaps / pulls effecting DPS specs more harshly than Medicine (its intended target)
  • Leaving combat seems to be on an almost random timer making restealthing very difficult
  • This was also asked previously but seemingly ignored. Our set bonuses are virtually useless. You stated that set bonuses were only meant to provide a small damage increase but our set bonuses do not even provide this and pale when compared to any other class..
  • The "roll bug" that freezes us in place when knocked back during a roll is still in the game.
  • Revitalizers is currently bugged and only ticks 4 times for a total 16% heal (tooltip says 20%)

Can you please let us know what you will be doing over the next few patches in order to increase our poor quality of life with in the game?

We'd also love it if you could give us the Hidden Strike knock down animation on weak PvE mobs.

Eric, please let me know if you need these to be further simplified and I'll try again using crayons

AlrikFassbauer
05.27.2014 , 10:53 AM | #127
I've just been browsing through the questions from page 1 of this thread.

And I must agree to Eric somewhat that they look ... incredibly complex.

To me - and I do know that I will be hated because of this - it looks as if the Operative has become the Diva of all SWTOR classes : They got a lot of good additions in the past, up to the point that "Op is OP" has almost become an SWTOR meme of its own.

I only wish that other class Reps were allowed to ask similar longish questions as well. But instead, some class Reps must actually fear to get similar replies like "perception problem", "heal to full" and similar answers for relatively simple questions. It has happened in the past, most believe that it is very likely that it might happen again (getting answers like that, I mean). Operative Class Reps never had to fear similar things.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Uber_the_Goober
05.27.2014 , 11:04 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
To me - and I do know that I will be hated because of this - it looks as if the Operative has become the Diva of all SWTOR classes : They got a lot of good additions in the past, up to the point that "Op is OP" has almost become an SWTOR meme of its own.
Say wut? No. Facts, or adios senor. List the "good additions"

Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I only wish that other class Reps were allowed to ask similar longish questions as well.
The weakness of others has no bearing on the volume with which the Operative community speaks.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

EricMusco
05.27.2014 , 11:44 AM | #129 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
<snip>
These look great Snave. Thank you for making these adjustments, I do appreciate it. I will get these passed on.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Adovir
05.27.2014 , 11:57 AM | #130
These look great Snave. Thank you for making these adjustments, I do appreciate it. I will get these passed on.

-eric
Eric I'm sorry but no adjustments were made, those questions were there form the start. I give you guys the bennifits of the doubt all the time but it kind of seems like you just dropped the ball on that one. I can forgive a few things but this isn't one of them, you blatantly claimed that snave wrote no questions when he clearly did and with the way our community has been treated to this point it seems to confirm our suspicions that you don't listen to I'd that well. Could you please address this?
Quote:
lest you look a fool