Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game has taken a week to download

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Game has taken a week to download

Chaoslordmatt
05.24.2014 , 05:59 PM | #1
I have been playing for like 2 months now or something like that, and after the update on May 20th, I have been unable to play at all.

It got stuck downloading at like 95.5%, sat there for about 15 hours. I decided to do research & got tips from the forums. After applying those tips, it made my download do something weird, it started downloading all the "Main Assets" all over again.

So, I uninstalled, and reinstalled it. The download I had to go through after the reinstall LITERALLY took 5 days to complete. After that, it's now stuck on this "Finishing download (Ready To Play)" stuff.

This is out of hand, I have tried EVERYTHING. I tried adding that line of code to my "C:/Windows/Drivers/Etc/Hosts" both WITH AND WITHOUT the actual IP address (as instructed by customer service) I have also tried (with instruction) changing the launcher/settings section to P2P true and all that.

This download is STILL not done, and it appears to be stuck on 19.36%, it's been on that exact number for like 4 hours now.

P.S. I also have decent internet, I get at least 20Mb/s download speeds, and I have even forwarded ports & EVERYTHING humanly possible to make this go faster.

It seems to MAX OUT at 512 KB/s

OwenBrooks
05.24.2014 , 06:38 PM | #2
Goto a clean boot - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 or ensure both launcher.exe and swtor.exe are in all exception lists

Game repair is done by one of two methods ( its either one or the other not both depending on game install method )

Method 1

Non-Streaming launcher (SSN) - No Letters ST on the lower left of launcher after login
Need to Login on the launcher , then before pressing play, goto the lower left cog and press the repair button.

Method 2

Streaming launcher (BR) - Letters ST on the lower left of launcher after login
close launcher, right mouse click on game shortcut, select open file location, delete the bitraider folder, start the launcher

If Method 2 is your current setup, try the alternate patch method - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673714 but it is a new download again.

Chaoslordmatt
05.24.2014 , 07:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Goto a clean boot - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 or ensure both launcher.exe and swtor.exe are in all exception lists

Game repair is done by one of two methods ( its either one or the other not both depending on game install method )

Method 1

Non-Streaming launcher (SSN) - No Letters ST on the lower left of launcher after login
Need to Login on the launcher , then before pressing play, goto the lower left cog and press the repair button.

Method 2

Streaming launcher (BR) - Letters ST on the lower left of launcher after login
close launcher, right mouse click on game shortcut, select open file location, delete the bitraider folder, start the launcher

If Method 2 is your current setup, try the alternate patch method - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673714 but it is a new download again.
Thank you I will try this immediately. Also, would I have to start the download over again if I JUST delete bitraider? Or can I still delete bitraider & NOT have to redownload the whole thing?

OwenBrooks
05.24.2014 , 08:09 PM | #4
Deleting the bitraider folder triggers a file verification, intent is it is meant to download only what is needed

Chaoslordmatt
05.24.2014 , 08:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Deleting the bitraider folder triggers a file verification, intent is it is meant to download only what is needed
Okay thanks, I will try these & see if it improves the download. Thought I might wait til it's done downloading to perform the launcher repair, as I'm sick of it downloading forever.