Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imagine a world where LLC's were totally overpowered...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Imagine a world where LLC's were totally overpowered...

Verain
05.24.2014 , 12:02 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
I agree that Scouts would benefit from LLC buffs as much as anyone.
I would definitely say more. The engagement range on a scout is already low, and they already have the tools to make that happens. A Pike doesn't, and it can double turn. A Quarrel doesn't, and it at least has single turn. A bomber DEFINITELY doesn't.

Quote:
But it couldn't be any worse than the current situation with BLC's, which Strikes cannot even attempt to use.
Buffing LLC would make the game MUCH worse for strikes. That's what you're missing. Adding BLCs to strikes wouldn't make them suddenly better than scouts, though I would like to see the Starguard get BLCs and LLCs tbh.

Quote:
Right now a T2 Scout can get in close to a slower Strike without any concern for its safety.
Ok, so lets go ahead and just flat out pretend we are trebling the damage of LLC. That's better than a damage overcharge.

Here's how it plays out:

You approach the Starguard. He doesn't have LLC. You win. Starguard is trashbinned.
You approach the Pike. As you get into LLC range, you pop disto. You hit him, he can't hit you. You win long before disto is over.
You approach the Clarion. As you get into LLC range, you pop disto. You hit him, he can't hit you. You win long before disto is over.

AND:

You approach ANYSTRIKE from behind. Like on live, you get a couple hits in. Unlike on live, this kills the strike. You win without even having to brave his frontal cone.

I like that you are homing in on one weapon to buff, because we all know that balance changes would involve multiple tweaks across many components (and the devs are unlikely to go changing everything, because that will upset a lot of ppl). But I'm telling you, it would make the meta ludicrous.

Quote:
The unfortunate truth here is that BLC's should only ever have been on slower, more sluggish ships. On those ships, it is the perfect defensive weapon. A Scout with LLC's vs. a Strike with BLC would've been a pretty solid matchup. Instead we get the opposite.
I think BLCs should have been on bombers and gunships and that's it. Putting such a massive weapon on a scout is absurd. But obviously, they can't take that away now- the battle scout is the premiere bearer of the weapon, and plenty of people play just because they like the run and gun playstyle afforded (and yes, I agree it's not very Star Warsy).