Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Flow of Goods (Jedi Consular), unable to finish mission

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
The Flow of Goods (Jedi Consular), unable to finish mission
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zeth_Kaeden
11.07.2013 , 06:16 PM | #1
Was able to get to the point of being able to scan the smugglers involved, but all it says is: You found nothing. This repeats for all of the smugglers on the beds. Since the scanner does not pick up on the smuggled goods, I can not progress in the mission.

I had a similar problem with another character with a different class, in his case, the data thief he was supposed to question was missing from the map. I did not have to reset, but logging out and back on seemed to fix the mission where I could see and interact with the thief.

For this mission, logging out while in the mission did not work, neither does resetting the mission.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if there is some kind of work-around.

(One of the things I missed about City of Heroes was how a customer service rep was able to go into a mission and actually be able to check if the mission objects were missing, unclickable or just missed by the player).

Beruthien
11.07.2013 , 07:34 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Zeth_Kaeden,

Please delete the DiscCacheArena file in your client installation folder. After this please run repair function on the launcher (if you are using the non-streaming launcher), if you use the streaming launcher (ST in the bottom left hand corner), please make sure that the patching has finished and then follow the steps below:
  1. Close both Launcher and SWTOR.
  2. Delete the “BitRaider” directory from your game install directory
    1. For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\BitRaider
    2. For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\BitRaider
  3. Run the Launcher
Please come back to us the issue remains.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Zeth_Kaeden
11.08.2013 , 07:12 AM | #3
I deleted the BitRaider file, and got a new one patched in through the launcher, but I still have the same problem.

I wonder if I should get another Consular up in level to find out if repeatable (at least for me, I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem as I am).

Zeth_Kaeden
11.08.2013 , 08:56 AM | #4
This is strange, after deleting the BitRaider and then playing, some of the graphics is wonky.

The character screen where the 'doll' is at has a second picture of the character, looks like it's from the item preview screen. It is enlarged and somewhat low res. Also, when my cursor is over the conversation buttons at the bottom of the screen, there's a grey box that hovers over the golden buttons.

Edit: I downloaded the latest Flash driver, in a suggested attempt to fix the launcher for another game, and I deleted the BitRaider again on a hunch. The problems with the character screen is gone.

Zeth_Kaeden
11.08.2013 , 12:35 PM | #5
This is a repeatable bug for me.

I got another Jedi Consular up to the same mission, and he's having the same problems with none of the Smugglers in the mission being detected as having the contraband.

NeedfulOne
05.19.2014 , 09:37 AM | #6
I figured I'd add on to this topic since it appears that is mission is still a problem. After a reset of the mission, I am still getting "You've Found Nothing" when I scan all of the Smugglers in the Cantina. Any chance this will be fixed? Considering I'm still seeing open tickets regarding this topic in other forums, it's been several months since it's been mentioned with no fix in sight. I'd really like to continue with the Jedi Consular storyline but this particular mission is hindering that.

Sirolar
05.19.2014 , 09:50 AM | #7
It's been a while since I did the quest, but if I remember correctly the place where you get the scanner is in a phase and the smuggler I had to scan to get the result was _not_ in that phase (but upstairs in one of the back rooms instead).

Disregard if my memories are incorrect.

SayEndo
05.19.2014 , 12:36 PM | #8
Sirolar is absolutely correct. Head up the stairs and I think it's the room to the right.

NeedfulOne
05.20.2014 , 09:19 AM | #9
I'll give it a try and report back. Fingers crossed that it helps. Thanks for responding. =)

AgentJym
05.20.2014 , 09:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sirolar View Post
It's been a while since I did the quest, but if I remember correctly the place where you get the scanner is in a phase and the smuggler I had to scan to get the result was _not_ in that phase (but upstairs in one of the back rooms instead).

Disregard if my memories are incorrect.
You are correct, none of the smugglers in the ward will yield results. The player has to leave that instance.