Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jawa Movie Spam... Does Bioware give a womp rat's behind?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Jawa Movie Spam... Does Bioware give a womp rat's behind?

AbsolutGrndZero
05.19.2014 , 12:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SayEndo View Post
Suggestion - try using Trade for selling. You'll have much better luck because people who have that on are generally looking to buy or sell, and a lot of people keep general turned off.
Yes, but trade gets blown out of the window by all the jawa spam too, plus there is no LFG channel for the ops and such that are in fleet.. really the jawa spam just completely destroys chat unless you do keep general turned off, but then you miss so much... because at least on my server, most people do not use trade for selling, in fact a lot of times I've seen people say "Wow, you are using trade? I'm going to buy that from you just because of that." or similar things.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

scarlet_magpie
05.19.2014 , 06:49 AM | #12
The Jawa Strikes back.

AbsolutGrndZero
05.19.2014 , 03:28 PM | #13
I would like to request that this thread be closed, so that people don't continue to be trolls and SPAM it with the very situation it was created to address. I posted the email I got from Bioware about whether they care or not on page one.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger

LyraineAlei
05.20.2014 , 04:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Yes, but trade gets blown out of the window [from the jawa game, and you don't use Trade] because at least on my server, most people do not use trade for selling, in fact a lot of times I've seen people say "Wow, you are using trade? I'm going to buy that from you just because of that." or similar things.
"Wow, you are using trade? I'm going to buy that from you because of that." <-- AWESOME. Sell it to them. Sorry, I don't see the problem with that part.

As for grouping for ops and such, I recommend joining a guild, and then sitting on the Guild channel. Many guilds exist just for grouping up and running ops/flashpoints/whatever.

The Jawa game is a game, and it will die down eventually in time if you insist on hanging around Fleet all the time. I'm sorry your server is full of trolls, I'm sorry you don't seem to like the Trade channel because so few people use it, but perhaps telling people to use it will encourage others to do so, and then if the TRade Channel gets swamped with the Jawa Movie game, then it IS most definitively spam for the Trade channel.

The bolded text was me trimming down your post to get to the part I was really going to respond to.

AbsolutGrndZero
05.21.2014 , 09:59 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LyraineAlei View Post
"Wow, you are using trade? I'm going to buy that from you because of that." <-- AWESOME. Sell it to them. Sorry, I don't see the problem with that part.

As for grouping for ops and such, I recommend joining a guild, and then sitting on the Guild channel. Many guilds exist just for grouping up and running ops/flashpoints/whatever.

The Jawa game is a game, and it will die down eventually in time if you insist on hanging around Fleet all the time. I'm sorry your server is full of trolls, I'm sorry you don't seem to like the Trade channel because so few people use it, but perhaps telling people to use it will encourage others to do so, and then if the TRade Channel gets swamped with the Jawa Movie game, then it IS most definitively spam for the Trade channel.

The bolded text was me trimming down your post to get to the part I was really going to respond to.
I never said I don't like trade, I said few people use it and even those that do... when you have...

Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Trade WTS
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam
Jawa Spam

It doesn't matter that Trade was being used cause the whole chat window is going past super fast. As for guild, not every guild is on every time that every player is on... Trying to come up with ways to avoid a problem doesn't solve the problem.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger

Sidenti
05.21.2014 , 11:29 AM | #16
My God. You're STILL Jawahurt over this?!

You're the kind of person every election campaign targets. You know that, right? -bp

Sidenti
05.21.2014 , 11:31 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Yes, but trade gets blown out of the window by all the jawa spam too, plus there is no LFG channel for the ops and such that are in fleet.. really the jawa spam just completely destroys chat unless you do keep general turned off, but then you miss so much... because at least on my server, most people do not use trade for selling, in fact a lot of times I've seen people say "Wow, you are using trade? I'm going to buy that from you just because of that." or similar things.
/cleave General

There. I just solved your problem. Clearly, you're not missing much in Genchat because you can't see anything due to the apparent rampant, consistent, all-consuming Jawaspeak that must be happening on your server at all times, day and night.

Kid? Grow up.

Nomaad
05.21.2014 , 11:55 AM | #18
The Jawa and the Agent who shanked me.
Ded'i

LyraineAlei
05.22.2014 , 04:43 PM | #19
You can go into your chat preferences by right clicking the ta and selecting "Chat Preferences" and then turn off General. Then you'll see Trade filters, Guild filter, and so forth.

That was what I was meaning, and I apologize if my phrasing was less than clear.

SpirantKaze
05.22.2014 , 04:53 PM | #20
My answer to the question posted in the title would be no. People have the freedom to say what they want in chat, as long as it's not outright threatening someone, attempting to bring down a server or spamming credit buying sites.
Whether you like it or not, it's harmless fun that people are having and there's no reason to punish them for it just because you don't like it. For the record, I'm not really a fan of it myself (Except on those rare occasions when I've been up for far too long and find it funny for some reason) but people have the right to do it.
Kaytin 60 Operative Healer, Jedi covenant
Sull 60 Merc DPS, Jedi covenant
Prinlain 60 Jugg DPS, Jedi covenant
Member of <A Wretched Hive>