Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Client crashes during travel/ logout.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Client crashes during travel/ logout.

fiveboro
05.19.2014 , 02:44 AM | #1
So i have been playing the game for a few days. Just recently subscribed but anyways...I have 2 toons. First one i made was a jedi guardian. I got to lv 20 and to taris with no problems. Now all of a sudden whenever i try to travel that requires a load screen the game either crashes or gets stuck on that title screen that shows the star fighters shootting and such. I gave up on that toon thought it was corrupt or something so i made a sentinel. Same thing i had no problems till i hit lv 18 and got to ord mantell. Now everytime i log in it either crashes, gets stuck on that title screen, or loads but freezes/ crashes shortly after. If i do manage to get in the game and can move around i have tried to log out to see if maybe the save got messed up ( idk just trying to see if logging out and reloging without a crash would fix it) and it crashes. Anyone have these issues or know of a possible fix? I was thinking about trying to reinstall but i dont think there is a error in the download. I have deleted the bit raider folder a few times and it has not downloaded anything new ever.

OwenBrooks
05.19.2014 , 03:03 AM | #2
Confirm there is the letters ST on the lower left of the launcher after login

Try playing in window mode ( ALT + Enter ) and lower in-game settings and see if it persists, also can delete the cache file called diskcachearena found in a folder called swtor in the same place the bitraider folder is.

Also confirm both launcher.exe and swtor.exe are in the AV/Firewall exception lists

fiveboro
05.19.2014 , 03:06 AM | #3
Thanks for the quick response ill give that a shot.

fiveboro
05.19.2014 , 03:14 AM | #4
**** IT WORKED WOOOOOW . i Deleted that cache file and the game loads super fast now no crashes nothing !!!!!! Your awesome. But why did that work what is that file for and what did deleting it do to make the game run so smooth?

OwenBrooks
05.19.2014 , 03:15 AM | #5
That file is the games cache file, maybe it was badly fragmented or corrupted, deleting it allows a fresh copy to get created

fiveboro
05.19.2014 , 03:19 AM | #6
Just have to say thank you again i was getting so agrivated! If anyone has same problem as me do what he said it works and your game will laod so fast after> THANKS AGAIN OWEN