Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ahsoka Tano, why the hate?

Shefu
05.17.2014 , 10:04 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I just find it so.... somber, and not as hopeful. Its like finishing episode 5 and not watching episode 6. The hope isnt as strong.
It's the same mood as in the 2nd half of ROTS....Watching the final 2 episodes I was simply astounded that the Jedi Council didn't bother to do any sort of investigation of their own (besides Anakin's), and they just gladly handed her over....it's hard to have any hope in an organization that's meant to protect, yet they wouldn't even protect their own.

I am gonna go off-topic kind of but, if you think about it, the JC's attitude is what failed the Republic. Their hesitation to act in certain key moments is what led to their downfall. Their double standards, and stubbornness is quite irritating and foolish.

I hope Disney will do something with her in the future, cause it seems such a waste to end her story in the way that they have....

Beniboybling
05.18.2014 , 06:09 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
It's the same mood as in the 2nd half of ROTS....Watching the final 2 episodes I was simply astounded that the Jedi Council didn't bother to do any sort of investigation of their own (besides Anakin's), and they just gladly handed her over....it's hard to have any hope in an organization that's meant to protect, yet they wouldn't even protect their own.

I am gonna go off-topic kind of but, if you think about it, the JC's attitude is what failed the Republic. Their hesitation to act in certain key moments is what led to their downfall. Their double standards, and stubbornness is quite irritating and foolish.

I hope Disney will do something with her in the future, cause it seems such a waste to end her story in the way that they have....
The presentation is deliberate, if perhaps a little exaggerated.

It would be nice to have a novel about her or something, and its definitely possible, if not likely.

Staavis_SC
05.18.2014 , 05:05 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
I agree that Ahsoka's character growth/arc was handled fine over the course of the series, but I can sympathize with people who were really put off by the "Suddenly, a Wild [Anakin's Padawan] Appears!" nature of her inclusion in the overall mythos.

But even if the decision to write in a Padawan for Anakin that we've just somehow never heard of before is an instance of bad writing, it also a very Star Wars thing to do - let's face it, shoe-horning in random plot elements is almost as common as someone saying "I have a bad feeling about this" throughout the series.

"Luke and Leia's mother dies immediately after giving birth!"
"Wait, the one and only thing we know about her from the original series is that Leia remembers her..."
"Have baby Leia's eyes be open!"
"That's not how..."
"No it's cool, Leia has the Force so it'll work!"

"Leia is Luke's sister!"
"But we just spent two movies setting up a love triangle..."
"She loved him as a brother all along because 'somehow she always knew'!"
"She kissed him full on the mouth in Empire..."

"Darth Vader is Luke's father!"

"But Obi-Wan specifically said Vader 'betrayed and murdered' Luke's father..."
"That's true from a certain point of view"
"That was an oddly specific wording choice if he was trying to be cagey about what really happened"

"Anakin built C-3PO when he was like 9 years old!"
"What? I don't even..."
"It's okay, they'll wipe 3PO's memory at the very end of the last prequel!"
"Then what is the point of including it at all?!?"

Since they did make the call to include a Padawan, I am just happy how it played out in the end, with the resolution of her arc giving one more reason for Anakin to harbor ill will towards the Jedi. At least she was a wedged-in plot point that you can interpret as actually adding something to the motivations and decisions of the characters, and Anakin's fall was one area that really needed some shoring up in RotS.

Basically, I think of Ahsoka as a good "No, I am your father" twist, rather than a bad "I built a droid, wanna see?" twist.
Don't forget Grevious and Dooku's sudden and incredibly debilitating bouts with Alzheimers in RotS.

After at least 5 years of fighting Kenobi, Skywalker and Snips, when they come face to face in Ep3, Grevious acts like he has never seen Skywalker, and Skywalker comments about expecting Grevious to be taller, even though he should KNOW Grevious' height. And then, as Kenobi and Skywalker battle Dooku, the Count acts as if he hasn't seen Kenobi and Skywalker since Geonosis, even though the 3 of them tried to break out of Hondo's compound "3 Amigos" style.

More than Asohka or anything else in terms of plot issues, the Alzheimer effect on Grevious and Dooku really bugs the heck out of me.
Look, we got four or five of the main characters on this ship. I think we're gonna be okay.

Wolfninjajedi
05.18.2014 , 05:57 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Staavis_SC View Post
Don't forget Grevious and Dooku's sudden and incredibly debilitating bouts with Alzheimers in RotS.

After at least 5 years of fighting Kenobi, Skywalker and Snips, when they come face to face in Ep3, Grevious acts like he has never seen Skywalker, and Skywalker comments about expecting Grevious to be taller, even though he should KNOW Grevious' height. And then, as Kenobi and Skywalker battle Dooku, the Count acts as if he hasn't seen Kenobi and Skywalker since Geonosis, even though the 3 of them tried to break out of Hondo's compound "3 Amigos" style.

More than Asohka or anything else in terms of plot issues, the Alzheimer effect on Grevious and Dooku really bugs the heck out of me.
Anakin hasn't fought Grevious.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

tunewalker
05.18.2014 , 08:01 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Nor did he ever meet him that I am aware. I am almost positive they both hear about each other from Kenobi fighting Grievous so much.

ShadowMudkip
05.18.2014 , 08:14 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Now that I think about....they haven't. Wow, never noticed.
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary

CmdrShpd
06.04.2014 , 09:07 AM | #67
Just wanted to bring this thread back up (hopefully it's recent enough that this isn't a necro!) because I've been watching the TCW for the first time, and I've got to say that I love Ahsoka Tano's character. I just finished season 5, and I understand that she plays basically no role in season 6, but I feel like her story isn't done yet. I really hope she appears in the upcoming Rebels series!

Beniboybling
06.04.2014 , 09:10 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by CmdrShpd View Post
Just wanted to bring this thread back up (hopefully it's recent enough that this isn't a necro!) because I've been watching the TCW for the first time, and I've got to say that I love Ahsoka Tano's character. I just finished season 5, and I understand that she plays basically no role in season 6, but I feel like her story isn't done yet. I really hope she appears in the upcoming Rebels series!
Funny that, I just finished Season 5 - as in the last few episodes, for the second time. So sad.

And yes unfortunately she only has a tiny quasi-cameo in Season 6 not really worth talking about. But I'm sure she'll appear again the future, whether that be in the movies, Rebels or one of the upcoming novels, it will happen

CmdrShpd
06.04.2014 , 07:19 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Funny that, I just finished Season 5 - as in the last few episodes, for the second time. So sad.

And yes unfortunately she only has a tiny quasi-cameo in Season 6 not really worth talking about. But I'm sure she'll appear again the future, whether that be in the movies, Rebels or one of the upcoming novels, it will happen
I would be ecstatic to see Ahsoka show up in either Rebels or Ep. 7, but I think I'd prefer her in an animated context so that she can be voiced by the same actress who voiced her in TCW. But really, I just want to see more Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars!

Beniboybling
06.05.2014 , 04:25 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by CmdrShpd View Post
I would be ecstatic to see Ahsoka show up in either Rebels or Ep. 7, but I think I'd prefer her in an animated context so that she can be voiced by the same actress who voiced her in TCW. But really, I just want to see more Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars!
Agreed. I think its been said that TCW characters will be appearing in Rebels and also one TCW character is set to appear in Lords of the Sith (new novel) - one of them will be her I hope.