Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vader vs Anakin - Who is more powerful?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Vader vs Anakin - Who is more powerful?

Aurbere
05.14.2014 , 04:36 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
No I'm referring to the opposition lol.

No elaboration required on Vader's bad@ssery.
Ah, well I think I probably will elaborate, simply to voice my full opinion on the subject.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

ZahirS
05.14.2014 , 09:02 PM | #32
Anakin wins, I placed by view and consider this elaborated.

Sadishist
05.15.2014 , 02:58 AM | #33
Obiwan beat Anakin, Vader beat Obiwan. Do the math
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion

Wolfninjajedi
05.15.2014 , 05:56 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Obiwan beat Anakin, Vader beat Obiwan. Do the math
Due to various circumstances that favored Obi-Wan, really Obi-Wan should have lost to Anakin by all accounts.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

cs_zoltan
05.15.2014 , 06:25 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Due to various circumstances that favored Obi-Wan, really Obi-Wan should have lost to Anakin by all accounts.
Why? The only favourable circumstance I can think of is that Kenobi knew Anakins style, but that's true the other way around as well.
The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
Kja || Kejann || Snsa || Kyr Meirend || Myr || Kte || Jeanene || Maelin
The Ebon Hawk <Aisthesis>
Medin

MajinEddie
05.15.2014 , 06:43 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
Why? The only favourable circumstance I can think of is that Kenobi knew Anakins style, but that's true the other way around as well.
Favourable by Obi sick of sitting in a cave for 19 year and letting vader and luke think vader beat him.

tunewalker
05.15.2014 , 07:08 AM | #37
The entire match Anakin was blinded by his rage and not thinking straight or about the enviroment at all. Kenobi on the other hand was constantly trying to gain a terrain advantage, which he eventually succeeded in. Thus favorable circumstance.

If you not right before the end, when Obi-wan is saying "i have failed you anakin, I have failed you" and Anakin says "this is the end for you my master" that Obi-wan is clearly the more tired of the 2. Had it been on even terrain that was never shifting, Obi-wan never would have won.

cs_zoltan
05.15.2014 , 07:39 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
The entire match Anakin was blinded by his rage and not thinking straight or about the enviroment at all. Kenobi on the other hand was constantly trying to gain a terrain advantage, which he eventually succeeded in. Thus favorable circumstance.

If you not right before the end, when Obi-wan is saying "i have failed you anakin, I have failed you" and Anakin says "this is the end for you my master" that Obi-wan is clearly the more tired of the 2. Had it been on even terrain that was never shifting, Obi-wan never would have won.
Those are not favourable circumstances, those are character strengths and weaknesses. Anakin's rage is his own shortcoming, and Obi-Wan's excellent use of terrain is a proof of his tactical superiority. It's like saying Anakin beat Cin Drallig because of favourable circumstances, which circumstances are he is a better duelist and stronger in the force
The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
Kja || Kejann || Snsa || Kyr Meirend || Myr || Kte || Jeanene || Maelin
The Ebon Hawk <Aisthesis>
Medin

tunewalker
05.15.2014 , 07:44 AM | #39
Those are not favourable circumstances, those are character strengths and weaknesses. Anakin's rage is his own shortcoming, and Obi-Wan's excellent use of terrain is a proof of his tactical superiority. It's like saying Anakin beat Cin Drallig because of favourable circumstances, which circumstances are he is a better duelist and stronger in the force
The point wolf was trying to make was that Anakin was the better duelist and the stronger force user, but his mentality got in his way.

He lost in the mind not in any actual skill or strength duel.

Anakin was the more skilled fighter then Obi-wan, he was the more powerful Force user, but because mentality and circumstances Obi-wan won.

Wolfninjajedi
05.15.2014 , 08:19 AM | #40
You're right that they knew one another's fighting style, but Anakin was also hindered by his emotional/mental state and Obi-Wan was also able to gain a tactical advantage with the high ground. Barring all that, Anakin is the better duelist and more powerful in The Force than Obi-Wan is and if he wasn't hindered by his emotional state Anakin should have won the fight.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.