Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One Time Pass Codes

apathis
05.13.2014 , 11:30 PM | #1
Why do I get these stupid codes every time I try logging into the game? Obviously these are not one time, because I have to enter them each time I log into the freaking game and this is starting to get really freaking annoying.

Rankyn
05.13.2014 , 11:32 PM | #2
If only there was something you could use that would not only guarantee you wouldn't get the OTP's anymore but would also give you 100 extra free Cartel Coins each and every month...

RangeFinder
05.14.2014 , 07:39 AM | #3
You realise by "One Time Code" they mean that the same code wont work a second time and not that you only have to enter a code once?

Aries_cz
05.14.2014 , 08:28 AM | #4
They are sending you each time because your IP keeps shifting around, which makes the system think you are on a different machine.
If you have trouble getting the codes, I strongly suggest getting a Security key app for smartphone (Android or iOS), or as a keychain (if they still sell those). If you do not have Android or iOS device, there is a way to emulate Android in your PC.
Googling tips
  • android emulator
  • apk downloader
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

ninjonxb
05.14.2014 , 08:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
You realise by "One Time Code" they mean that the same code wont work a second time and not that you only have to enter a code once?
This,
They mean that it is a one time use code. Not a "you only have to do this once" code.

I know they have some things in place so it looks at your IP to determine wether or not it should allow you to login without it.
But it adds security to your account. If you don't want to deal with the codes use a physical authenticator or the one on iPhone or Android. (As an added bonus you get 100 free cartel coins a month)

apathis
05.14.2014 , 11:47 AM | #6
Oh ok thanks for the replies guys. I do take my laptop to work and play while I am at work, so I am shifting between home and work.