Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ahsoka Tano, why the hate?


Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
05.13.2014 , 07:53 AM | #41
Just gonna point out, TCW did nerf characters at times and make others stronger, compared to what they have shown in previous sources.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

ImmortalLowlife's Avatar


ImmortalLowlife
05.13.2014 , 08:03 AM | #42
I've ALWAYS had a special place in my heart for Ashoka for one simple reason....she's the reason my 12 & 11yr olds like star wars. Before the clone wars movie (cartoon), SW to them was "that annoying movie daddy likes so much". But with Ashoka they found a character THEY could relate to. Then they wanted to know more about the SW universe. They became fans.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
05.13.2014 , 08:12 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
, SW to them was "that annoying movie daddy likes so much".
I kinda laughed at this bit. XD
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Shefu's Avatar


Shefu
05.13.2014 , 12:15 PM | #44
All Force users are OP to some extent!

serenesavannah's Avatar


serenesavannah
05.13.2014 , 12:15 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
I've ALWAYS had a special place in my heart for Ashoka for one simple reason....she's the reason my 12 & 11yr olds like star wars. Before the clone wars movie (cartoon), SW to them was "that annoying movie daddy likes so much". But with Ashoka they found a character THEY could relate to. Then they wanted to know more about the SW universe. They became fans.
I could not agree more! I would argue that her purpose in TCW was to connect with kids. She was the padowan that any kid would want to be. Older people like us may be less likely to connect with Tano, but in my opinion "the next generation" of star wars fans do connect with her. I personally do not think that we have seen the last of her, and that is fine by me.

Shefu's Avatar


Shefu
05.13.2014 , 12:16 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
Well I'm not a little girl.
Thanks for your contribution by missing the point I was trying to make and taking my general post as personal.

Glad you're all grown! /wink

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
05.13.2014 , 01:04 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by t-darko View Post
First of all I think your reasoning is sound from what perspective you are watching the saga; but before I write what's on my mind - ... the word your looking for ... again ... is Padawan!!

Let me see now, you don't have a problem with; a force that connects all things, persons who hone their skill in using this Force, Hyperdrive, being able to leap left and right and up in great distances ... I could go on and on ... My love for the SW saga is that, in order to enjoy it, you must buy in to the whole thing and enjoy things and moments like this; rebel base invaded or even this to ever accept moment like this. Now if you're gonna be upset by a write in that in the end adds depth to the story, how do you feel about this, And who did shoot first Han or Creedo? The concept you are trying to work out is called fiction, and the hatred all SW haters that loves SW give words to is a verbalizing frustration of not being in control, nothing more, nothing less.
The Han and Greedo thing never really upset me because it wasnt putting an entire new character in that wasnt supposed to be there. It would be like if they added a 12 year old smuggling prodigy in with Han solo in that scene and instead of han it was han's prodige and then it starts following said prodige around instead of Han, Luke or Leia as this person goes saving person after person.


Now am I upset with what they eventually DO with Ahsoka.... no. I want every one to note that the way they handle her in the end is very good. They took a very stupid idea and made the best of it ultimately makeing a character that I dont like in concept, but one that I DO like in excecution. Any one that knows me KNOWS that for me the excecution is hundreds full more important then the concept.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
05.13.2014 , 02:20 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by t-darko View Post
First of all I think your reasoning is sound from what perspective you are watching the saga; but before I write what's on my mind - ... the word your looking for ... again ... is Padawan!!

Let me see now, you don't have a problem with; a force that connects all things, persons who hone their skill in using this Force, Hyperdrive, being able to leap left and right and up in great distances ... I could go on and on ... My love for the SW saga is that, in order to enjoy it, you must buy in to the whole thing and enjoy things and moments like this; rebel base invaded or even this to ever accept moment like this. Now if you're gonna be upset by a write in that in the end adds depth to the story, how do you feel about this, And who did shoot first Han or Creedo? The concept you are trying to work out is called fiction, and the hatred all SW haters that loves SW give words to is a verbalizing frustration of not being in control, nothing more, nothing less.
I must admit, when people try and argue that Maul shouldn't have survived because he couldn't have survived I do laugh... I mean really, its fiction. Sith happens.
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Any one that knows me KNOWS that for me the excecution is hundreds full more important then the concept.
And yet you reject Maul's very existence because the concept is implausible... yah.

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
05.13.2014 , 02:26 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I must admit, when people try and argue that Maul shouldn't have survived because he couldn't have survived I do laugh... I mean really, its fiction. Sith happens.And yet you reject Maul's very existence because the concept is implausible... yah.
No I reject it because the explination of how he survived is dumb and poorly executed.... how did he survive?.... cus he did.

They never really awnser that question. Thats poor execution. And to top it off they didnt do enough with that character for me to forgive the other.

Ahsoka is a different story.

Also not just implausible, but given the rules the universe has estabilished and the poor explination of how it happened (see no explination) its impossible. That is all poor execution. If they had found a way to bring him back with some semblance of an explination the exucution MIGHT forgive it, but just bringing him back cus reasons is poor execution.


Edit: also clearly shows how well you know me (see not at all)

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
05.13.2014 , 02:39 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
No I reject it because the explination of how he survived is dumb and poorly executed.... how did he survive?.... cus he did.

They never really awnser that question. Thats poor execution. And to top it off they didnt do enough with that character for me to forgive the other.

Ahsoka is a different story.

Also not just implausible, but given the rules the universe has estabilished and the poor explination of how it happened (see no explination) its impossible.
The reason was partly explained in TCW and then explored further in a novel:
Spoiler
Really though when I first saw Maul holed up on a junk planet with spider legs as such, I didn't question it, because it was fantasy, I went with the flow. And it fit with the fantasy feel, this idea of demons coming back to haunt you and such with mysterious explanations. The Force doesn't make sense either, then they explained it...

I realise this is a matter of perspective, but we can't forget this is a fantasy universe where the impossible is possible and doesn't always need an explanation, which in part IMO enriches the fantasy experience.

P.S. The Maul related episodes, especially The Lawless & Revenge are widely regarded as some of the best episodes of bunch, and Maul is definitely one of my favourite TCW characters, but each to their own I guess.

P.P.S. I do hope you didn't avoid those episodes just because of this, because that would be silly.