Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on Faction Change and Cost

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Faction Change and Cost
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlienEyeTX
05.13.2014 , 08:42 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
It's simple how it could work, but the OP won't want to do it, because it takes away from his troll of the other thread:

You buy the token from the CM, and it resets all your crafting skills to 0, and sets the character to level 1. You get to keep all the stuff in your cargo hold, and all your credits. You then start over as the new faction, and presto, no issues with quest flags, they've all been reset, and you're level 1, so haven't done anything yet. You have the added bonus of getting to keep your name. If your new faction weapons don't coincide, too bad, you're starting over, you'll have to acquire new stuff.
That's just ludicrous. I know you're poking fun at the OP, but this is just nonsense. Legacy bank will take care of all of that and you just create a new character.

Faction change would be fun, but I want to keep my class if I got to do it. It could be something available at end game, though it kind of makes future story content a bit more challenging.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Superman_AZ
05.13.2014 , 09:04 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
And...queue the feigned shock at being called out for what you're doing. Glad to see you've returned that same instigator you left as.
Not sure what I did to tick you off. I've not called you a troll, I've not derailed any of your threads, and I've never attacked you personally on a topic. Wish I could say the same. and.... queue my tiny violin (beat you to it).
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

EricMusco
05.13.2014 , 09:04 AM | #113 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

This is a good question! We have been asked this a few times at some of our Cantina Tours as well but I wanted to make sure we had the answer here in the forums for folks to be able to find it.

I am remiss to ever say the word never, but I can say that it is very, very unlikely that we would ever implement any type of Faction change. As some others have alluded to in this thread, a very many things are tied into your characters Faction, and the choices they have made throughout their story. Due to that, having your faction change has a lot of impact on many things, not only from a story sense, but also technically involving your character.

Because of that, it is very unlikely we will ever implement Faction change.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Reno_Tarshil
05.13.2014 , 09:05 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
Not sure what I did to tick you off. I've not called you a troll, I've not derailed any of your threads, and I've never attacked you personally on a topic. Wish I could say the same. and.... queue my tiny violin (beat you to it).
No, you only post threads in the wrong forum.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote: Originally Posted by EvenHardNiner View Post
Ah fair enough. You are right.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

SW_display_name
05.13.2014 , 09:06 AM | #115
Would doing it at max level with the understanding that all your 1-50ish stuff "happened" (so those flags don't need to be reset etc) change anything?

Or is it much more complicated than that?

Superman_AZ
05.13.2014 , 09:07 AM | #116
Hey folks,

This is a good question! We have been asked this a few times at some of our Cantina Tours as well but I wanted to make sure we had the answer here in the forums for folks to be able to find it.

I am remiss to ever say the word never, but I can say that it is very, very unlikely that we would ever implement any type of Faction change. As some others have alluded to in this thread, a very many things are tied into your characters Faction, and the choices they have made throughout their story. Due to that, having your faction change has a lot of impact on many things, not only from a story sense, but also technically involving your character.

-eric
Thanks Eric! I appreciate the response. I'm bummed, but not completely put out by it. I know it is likely a difficult and spendy feature to implement, and really isn't conducive to the SWTOR world. But thank you for stopping by and clearing that up for us!
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

TUXs
05.13.2014 , 09:07 AM | #117
Hey folks,

-eric
I truly appreciate your reply Eric, thank you!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Superman_AZ
05.13.2014 , 09:08 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I'm guessing Eric was ok with it since he just stopped by to let me down easy

NeoIshamael
05.13.2014 , 09:08 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I think it is time for your nap.

Reno_Tarshil
05.13.2014 , 09:09 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by NeoIshamael View Post
I think it is time for your nap.
I woke up from my nap 3 hours ago.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote: Originally Posted by EvenHardNiner View Post
Ah fair enough. You are right.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs