Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

On / Off subsriptions. Casual gamer.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
On / Off subsriptions. Casual gamer.

apanbest
05.11.2014 , 05:31 AM | #1
Hi all, I tried the f2p version 3 days ago and I like it, so I pinch in 15 bucks to subscribe as a support to the developers. But I probably won't subscribe forever, maybe 2-3 month max as I rarely paid more than 30 for a game.

So my question is, what should I buy in the cartel market in preparation before I cancel my sub? Any essential unlock?

Any advice is appreciated.

Marstrike
05.11.2014 , 06:31 AM | #2
You will now be prefered status if you unsub again. things that your locked out from won't be so harsh and the coins will always be available to you.
"Please nerf rock, paper is fine" -Scissors

Merouk
05.11.2014 , 09:01 AM | #3
You can end up supporting the developers as a preferred a lot more than a subscriber would. So consider the unlocks that you need to enjoy the game, and then compare the GTN coin price to unlock them individually vs. the subscriber monthly fee.

Can take 1-3 months to get to top level, per character, and if you're going to play A LOT, may be cheaper to stay subscribed until you're max level or tire of the character.

Hoshkar
05.11.2014 , 09:54 AM | #4
This post made by someone asking about the same question might help you.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7400930
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

apanbest
05.13.2014 , 06:10 AM | #5
Thanks for the information guys, that was very helpful. sorry for the late reply, been enjoying the game.