Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vader vs Anakin - Who is more powerful?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Vader vs Anakin - Who is more powerful?

tunewalker
05.12.2014 , 09:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
To be fair, Anakin did give Dooku pause
To be fair it was a response to "youth ALWAYS wins"....

Wolfninjajedi
05.12.2014 , 09:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
To be fair it was a response to "youth ALWAYS wins"....
To be fair....I skimmed over that bit.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Sadishist
05.12.2014 , 11:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Not like it really matters now, because new material could very well put Vader being better...but /shrug.

TK= Anakin, he has moved much larger things and the like than Vader. Vader's best TK feat is collapsing a cathderal, which is nice but not something that would be out of range for Anakin. Vader however is more controlled over his TK, while Anakin can have issues due to his emotions(Example: Duel with Obi-Wan)

Durability= Vader...duh.

Speed= Anakin.

Strength= They are comparable, Vader in theory should be stronger but I haven't seen any feats that makes it so.

Saber Skill= Hmm...actually not sure....though I think Anakin should be better, especially if he is in full control he should also be able to beat Vader too.
play TFU
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion

Wolfninjajedi
05.12.2014 , 11:25 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
play TFU
I have played both....and?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

StarSquirrel
05.13.2014 , 01:36 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
play TFU
I to have played both and fail to see your point...
Zey: "Kal, you know that the Sith are bad news. They're evil. They've always been the cause of endless war and carnage across the galaxy."
Skirata: "Oh, that's a good one. 'My decapitations are more morally valid than your decapitations.' Only difference I can see is that they plan to end up with trillions dead, and you do-gooders manage it by accident."

Beniboybling
05.13.2014 , 03:07 AM | #16
But what has Anakin actually done that demonstrates his superiority to Vader?

Admittedly I've only seen him in TCW and the Movies, but his feats remain pretty basic...

And a superior lightsaber duelist? I'm not sure, Vader improved on his Djem So style considerably after Mustafar, and became proficient in all other forms of lightsaber combat as well, on top of the wealth of experience he possessed.

EDIT: The way I see it, though Anakin was stripped of his potential on Mustafar, by tapping into the dark side and through decades of refining his powers he was able to reach the near pinnacle of his post-Mustafar abilities which surpassed the power he achieved as a Jedi, who merely flirted with the dark side as opposed to embracing it fully.

And even when he did, he seemingly lacked the control necessary to channel his passions properly.

ZahirS
05.13.2014 , 04:38 PM | #18
Anakin besides common "misperception" was an accomplished Jedi.

Some feats:

Quote:
"The boy has exceptional skills."
"But he still has much to learn, Master. His abilities have made him… well, arrogant."
―Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi
Quote:
"You are strong and wise, Anakin, and I am very proud of you. I have trained you since you were a small boy. I have taught you everything I know, and you have become a far greater Jedi than I could ever hope to be."
―Obi-Wan Kenobi
Quote:
Anakin Defeated Assaj Ventress on Yavin IV Temple ruins
Quote:
"Soon I will have a new apprentice… one far younger and more powerful."
―Darth Sidious
Anakin also has other advantages like jumping higher, quicker relfexes and has taken down enemies that proven to be very durable.

Beniboybling
05.13.2014 , 05:16 PM | #19
...I wouldn't call those feats. Heck Vader could probably choke Ventress outright.

As Vader he can jump pretty damn high, he has excellent reflexes and has defeated superior opponents to before.

EDIT: Here is a good showing, moves in a blink of an eye. And he's said to have moved as fast as Yoda.

EDIT: And here is Vader jumping pretty damn high, at least as high as Anakin ever has.

MajinEddie
05.13.2014 , 06:43 PM | #20
Vader lost a lot of midaclorianse when he lost his limes. Aniken had the potential to be the one. Vader was just a second rate sith lord.