Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's the best layout for the action bar?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
What's the best layout for the action bar?

ElleThreePO
05.12.2014 , 10:04 AM | #1
I have so many action options and I'm not sure what would be a good setup for quick convenience (ie for battle. medical, etc) ? Does anyone have any suggestions? Or is there a tutorial somewhere?

My character is Chiss, level 20, imperial sniper.

septembersphinx
05.12.2014 , 11:08 AM | #2
It's a bit hard to answer this question, because how you configure your quick bars is pretty subjective, and which skills are most important to you depends on what skill tree you're putting points in. Are you using the cover bar or not?

First thing to do is make sure you have all the quickbars you need up. You can have up to 6, but I only use 4 on my marksmanship sniper. You can adjust this with the interface editor.

Personally, I keep all my out of combat stuff (health regen, travel, etc) in the quick bar at the right of the screen. The top centre quickbar is all the damage dealing skills I use most, the bottom centre is mostly made up of various panic buttons/buffs, and the left side is situationally useful abilities I use less frequently.

Khevar
05.12.2014 , 01:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by septembersphinx View Post
It's a bit hard to answer this question, because how you configure your quick bars is pretty subjective, and which skills are most important to you depends on what skill tree you're putting points in. Are you using the cover bar or not?
Agreed. UI layout really is rather subjective.

Personally, have a hard time clicking on abilities, I prefer to keybind. So my only consideration on where to put what, is to make sure I can easily see when my important abilities are about to come off cooldown and ready to use again.

I also like to put my key attacks close together, and bind them all to easy-to-reach-left-hand keys: 1,2,3,4,5,Q,E

Kaos_KidSWTOR
05.12.2014 , 01:26 PM | #4
I have a Steelseries Merc Stealth, which allows me to hit the 5,6,7,8,9,0, and - keys easily in fights because of it's design. I highly reccomend you pick it up it's about 80$ USD on Amazon and comes with it's own keybinding software all of the keys on the keyboard are 100% customisable.

As for UI layout? Here's my UI Layout the picture may be a bit gritty and doesnt show all the elements but it's a good UI for me, keeps all my abilities central. anything i dont use often gets shoved to the 2 sidebars.