Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Living: Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace Video

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Galactic Living: Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace Video
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kathitor
05.12.2014 , 09:04 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by DMCian View Post
In my timezone it's May 12th 8:40PM, where is my palace... I am a monthly subscriber
You won't get the palace until the feature is added to the game. You simply unlock the free one for your account by being a subscriber by the dates they have listed. As an aside, I resubbed for one month just for this fancy pad. I'm also enjoying playing the game after a long break. Pew pew go the sabers.
Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death

CyberneticDucks
05.14.2014 , 01:17 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Kathitor View Post
You won't get the palace until the feature is added to the game. You simply unlock the free one for your account by being a subscriber by the dates they have listed. As an aside, I resubbed for one month just for this fancy pad. I'm also enjoying playing the game after a long break. Pew pew go the sabers.
although i knew this would happen, being conservative with my expectations, i felt that BW was pretty vague with the may eleventh thing. they didn't say they would give it to you on may 11th, but they really gave no stress to point out the truth. i had to do a bit of looking to determine the truth.

first they say

(SPECIAL REWARDS FOR MAY 11TH SUBSCRIBERS!*
Now, receive a total of FIVE ROOMS UNLOCKED WITH YOUR NAR SHADDAA SKY PALACE – Valued at 4,000,000 Credits! Plus, travel the galaxy with an exclusive SUBTEROTH MINI-PET and CHARACTER TITLE "THE INTREPID")

at http://www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholds while saying "receive" and "special rewards" as well as the date "may 11th". by associating these three things together into a single idea, you clearly get:

recieve, special rewards, may 11th

but if you read the fine print in the Q&A they say

(The Subteroth Mini-Pet and “The Intrepid” Character Title will be delivered via in-game mail by May 20, 2014, at 11:59PM PDT / May 21, 2014, at 6:59AM GMT. All other rewards are delivered at the opening of Subscriber Early Access on August 19th. July 15th is now the new deadline for Subscribers to qualify to receive the THREE ROOMS UNLOCKED with the Nar Shaddaa Stronghold (a value of 1,500,000 credits) plus the Stronghold Label “Galactic Stronghold” and Character Title “The Illustrious.”)
people on the internet are only mean because they can get away with it

Kathitor
05.16.2014 , 07:50 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by CyberneticDucks View Post
although i knew this would happen, being conservative with my expectations, i felt that BW was pretty vague with the may eleventh thing. they didn't say they would give it to you on may 11th, but they really gave no stress to point out the truth. i had to do a bit of looking to determine the truth.
I would normally be on board with you because they have had communication issues in the past, but that page says multiple times that this expansion doesn't start until Aug 19 for subscriber early access. In fact it's in giant, bolded letters immediately following the CC promotion and prior to even listing the May 11th info.

Then when it breaks down the features (not the small print still) it says:
Subscriber Early Access
August 19 – September 15, 2014

EARLY ACCESS Starting August 19th
NAR SHADDAA SKY PALACE STRONGHOLD (Value: 250,000 Credits)

Stronghold Label: “Galactic Stronghold”
Character Title: “The Illustrious”

And if this wasn't enough, the initial date listing has an asterisk which denotes you to specifically refer to footnotes where it clearly gives the 'fine print' which very directly states the dates. So it is repeated 3 times, some in gigantic bolded font and then directly clarified in a footnote. I'm sorry, I just can't buy into the criticism in this case.
Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death

AshlaBoga
07.15.2014 , 12:12 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by CyberneticDucks View Post

first they say

(SPECIAL REWARDS FOR MAY 11TH SUBSCRIBERS!*
Now, receive a total of FIVE ROOMS UNLOCKED WITH YOUR NAR SHADDAA SKY PALACE – Valued at 4,000,000 Credits! Plus, travel the galaxy with an exclusive SUBTEROTH MINI-PET and CHARACTER TITLE "THE INTREPID")

at http://www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholds while saying "receive" and "special rewards" as well as the date "may 11th". by associating these three things together into a single idea, you clearly get:

recieve, special rewards, may 11th

but if you read the fine print in the Q&A they say

(The Subteroth Mini-Pet and “The Intrepid” Character Title will be delivered via in-game mail by May 20, 2014, at 11:59PM PDT / May 21, 2014, at 6:59AM GMT. All other rewards are delivered at the opening of Subscriber Early Access on August 19th. July 15th is now the new deadline for Subscribers to qualify to receive the THREE ROOMS UNLOCKED with the Nar Shaddaa Stronghold (a value of 1,500,000 credits) plus the Stronghold Label “Galactic Stronghold” and Character Title “The Illustrious.”)
I don't know if it's the cynic in me, but I can't bring myself to consider that fine print. I'm not saying that EA doesn't love fine print, just that the above doesn't seem to quite qualify.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Uvirith
07.15.2014 , 12:28 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by JaaronTolley View Post
Where do you go on Nar Shaddaa to get this Sky Palace?

...censored... for awesomeness!
I know its OffTopic, but you "Refer a friend"-guys are really more annoying than the gold-sellers at the fleets....