Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Mandolorian Hunters Armor set first impressions.....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
New Mandolorian Hunters Armor set first impressions.....

Necrotic_Rose
05.10.2014 , 08:54 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by _Vercingetorx_ View Post
I cant say i agree, but i was able to complete the armor set! im unaware of many other mandolorian armors sets...could you post links? thanks
http://tor-fashion.com/th-17a-elite-war-medic-imp/
The armor isn't exactly labelled Mandalorian but it is definitely Mandalorian especially design wise. Granted the top isnt the same but end of the day there is more than just this one set out there, i listed this link cause its the first one i could remember and personally i like the helmet better than the grunt helmet the cartel set has.

Another set with a more Mandalorian chest piece is this Hydra set.
http://tor-fashion.com/tt-17a-hydra/

Now i'm well aware these are higher level armor but my original point is that the sets are out there and they arent hard coded like the cartel set.
Friend referral http://www.swtor.com/r/DZxpkt
For those who want to use it and get the [Preferred Friend Bundle] and an extra 7 days subscription (subs/previous subs only as doesn't work for f2p unless used to make an account and gives different rewards).

OddballEasyEight
05.10.2014 , 09:55 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
It sucks.

The way the coloration is set up, with the light blue color on the armor being hard coded and not able to be effected by dyes ruins the entire look of the armor when dyes are used.

It should be set up with blue (primary), light blue (secondary), and white not effected.
Actually, the "light blue" is supposed to be bare metal... It looks better in-game than in the preview.

Granted, there's alot of bare metal on the set, but I'm sure this isn't the last mando armour we see in the packs (or as rep rewards) and combined with other sets (like the BH set from the BBA vendor) you can circumvent the metallic look and get a mostly colourful set with little to no hassle.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

_Vercingetorx_
05.11.2014 , 03:17 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Necrotic_Rose View Post
http://tor-fashion.com/th-17a-elite-war-medic-imp/
The armor isn't exactly labelled Mandalorian but it is definitely Mandalorian especially design wise. Granted the top isnt the same but end of the day there is more than just this one set out there, i listed this link cause its the first one i could remember and personally i like the helmet better than the grunt helmet the cartel set has.

Another set with a more Mandalorian chest piece is this Hydra set.
http://tor-fashion.com/tt-17a-hydra/

Now i'm well aware these are higher level armor but my original point is that the sets are out there and they arent hard coded like the cartel set.
I looked at both, but wasn't particularly impressed with either. I am growing increasingly found of the a Mandolorian Hunter set. I'm not even sure I'm gunna put a dye mod on it. Since I obtained the entire set, and it was added to my collections, I have outfitted Mako with an entire set, and we are the Mandolorian Bounty hunter twins! I'm also a a Mercenary so the dual wield blasters only adds to the look. One of the other members said it looked better in person than in preview. I TOTALY AGREE! Preview does not do this armor justice! I have gotten innumerable comments on it! Every other bounty hunter is like, " DUDE! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT ARMOR! ITS AWESOME," if you are a fan of Mandolorians, and bounty hunters, YOU HAVE TO GET THIS ARMOR!
Quote: Originally Posted by dark-jehts View Post
Yes , mercenary involve standing there not moving and nuking the s*** out of the opponent with missiles missiles and missiles

Lord_Titan
05.11.2014 , 07:41 PM | #14
If I can make a suggestion on dye's for this armor I've looked through most and I find the Dark Gray and Deep Red dye only available in the cartel baazarr looks great mainly cause the dark grey is primary and goes with the steel blue on the suit. My opinion u can try it out. cheers.

Shadokitty
05.17.2014 , 07:05 PM | #15
Does it come in a cartel pack? If so, which one?

DarthSylar
05.17.2014 , 07:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Titan View Post
If I can make a suggestion on dye's for this armor I've looked through most and I find the Dark Gray and Deep Red dye only available in the cartel baazarr looks great mainly cause the dark grey is primary and goes with the steel blue on the suit. My opinion u can try it out. cheers.
I actually stumbled across this the other day and like the look. Took me a while to find something I liked, but this was good.

OddballEasyEight
05.18.2014 , 03:10 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadokitty View Post
Does it come in a cartel pack? If so, which one?
The latest one.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Solo-Jo
05.18.2014 , 03:49 PM | #18
I could live with the dye issue if it wasnt for that dang right boot that doesnt dye and is a dark sky or light gun metal bue.

_Vercingetorx_
05.18.2014 , 04:57 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Solo-Jo View Post
I could live with the dye issue if it wasn't for that dang right boot that doesn't dye and is a dark sky or light gun metal blue.
Well, on the dye mod i put in it, it didn't bother me at all, but to each his own
Quote: Originally Posted by dark-jehts View Post
Yes , mercenary involve standing there not moving and nuking the s*** out of the opponent with missiles missiles and missiles

Necrotic_Rose
05.18.2014 , 05:38 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by _Vercingetorx_ View Post
I looked at both, but wasn't particularly impressed with either.
Each to their own...like i said tho...those are just two examples of mandalorian armor that was in the game long before the official named set. There is even armor identical to the set but its a brown/bronze colour. I don't know the name off the top of my head but i know a guild member has it/had it before the pack release.
Friend referral http://www.swtor.com/r/DZxpkt
For those who want to use it and get the [Preferred Friend Bundle] and an extra 7 days subscription (subs/previous subs only as doesn't work for f2p unless used to make an account and gives different rewards).