Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ep7 possible title reveal/discussion on AMC Movie Talk

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Ep7 possible title reveal/discussion on AMC Movie Talk

SithAceI
05.09.2014 , 10:09 PM | #21
No offense but your kidding yourself if you think players of TOR or even those aware of the Old Republic era full stop even begin to make up a large portion of the audience this film is directed at, or even Star Wars fans in general.

We are unfortunately, the minority, and Disney understands this.

Actually what I was trying to convey is, use TOR lore in the new movie to bring more customers to the game. Not use the player base to help sell the movie. But it will not hurt the movie to bring all of us in to buy a movie ticket.

That being said my original reference was to the original concept art picture of the face off between the Emperor and the Jedi knight from this game.

The only "ancient" enemies I can think of is:

1) The Emperor.
2) Ableroth.
3) The Rakata.
4) The lost tribe of the Sith.

Pleuguis(spelling) is not ancient nor was he even powerful enuff to be the villian for 3 new movies. Actually My bet now that I think about it is "The lost Tribe of the Sith". Because fans of the movies have no concept that before Bane there were thousands of Sith not just two. And the tribe would be plenty of bad guys to run through three movies IMO.
Skywallkr Sithace, Sithace-one and Super Secret Alts!
Harbinger, Red Eclipse, JC, TEH and Shadowlands
"I don't know..... fly casual"

Beniboybling
05.10.2014 , 06:15 AM | #22
Fair enough, but Disney have already said they are using new material, nothing from the post-ROTJ like Abeloth or the Lost Tribe of the Sith. And altogether they've reinforced that they are not beholden to the EU, I really doubt (even if this is the actual title) that this "ancient" will be any specific we have seen in the EU, its too restricting from a creative point of view and it will alienate audiences unfamiliar with these characters. But honestly I believe this rumor is false.

tunewalker
05.10.2014 , 06:32 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Fair enough, but Disney have already said they are using new material, nothing from the post-ROTJ like Abeloth or the Lost Tribe of the Sith. And altogether they've reinforced that they are not beholden to the EU, I really doubt (even if this is the actual title) that this "ancient" will be any specific we have seen in the EU, its too restricting from a creative point of view and it will alienate audiences unfamiliar with these characters. But honestly I believe this rumor is false.
thought on plaegis thing. When i first heard about him i never assumed he was actually Sidious's master. I always imagined he was a sith that Sidious's Master told him about and that this Plaegus was as Sidious said, an ancient sith tale. In fact nothing in the tale about him having been able to stop people from dieing could be true, it could all just be a tale and nothing more. Something to entice the young sith about.

I never read the Novel, but personally i wouldnt mind a movie that explored that idea. That plaegus wasnt Sidious's master but instead just a tale that Sidious's master once told him about the master of some ancient sith that was in no relation to the Banite sith.

Beniboybling
05.10.2014 , 06:57 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
thought on plaegis thing. When i first heard about him i never assumed he was actually Sidious's master. I always imagined he was a sith that Sidious's Master told him about and that this Plaegus was as Sidious said, an ancient sith tale. In fact nothing in the tale about him having been able to stop people from dieing could be true, it could all just be a tale and nothing more. Something to entice the young sith about.

I never read the Novel, but personally i wouldnt mind a movie that explored that idea. That plaegus wasnt Sidious's master but instead just a tale that Sidious's master once told him about the master of some ancient sith that was in no relation to the Banite sith.
The novel I believe has Sidious state that Plagueis was his master, and that has been confirmed as canon (unless it contradicts the movies) and the Databank confirmed this. So I'm pretty sure that won't change.

Personally I'd rather that didn't happen, Plagueis being Sidious' master really adds weight to that scene especially the way in which Sidious really seems to connect with it, as if it really happened, and it did and he was responsible.

Darth Plagueis is an excellent novel, one of the best EU books out there, I strongly recommend you read it.

bionamaster
05.10.2014 , 10:15 AM | #25
Kind of neutral on this. The parallel between the working title and ANH they mentioned does seem intriguing, though.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!