Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

MillionsKNives
05.09.2014 , 12:16 PM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
i did it on day 1 with a rakata geared madness hybrid sorc and xalek.

this fight is not hard. people are just not great at the game; which isn't meant to be inflammatory. mmo players have an overinflated sense of their own skill level.
That's not even specific to MMOs. People in general have an overinflated sense of their own skill in pretty much...well, everything. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority

Cyzicus
05.09.2014 , 08:25 PM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by maxjam View Post
I have completed this mission 4x with alts but can't complete it with my Powertech + Mako.

I know how the mechanics, but no matter how many Refuelling droids I kill they aren't dropping the item I need to disable the generators
I've completed it on 6 different characters, and I never took out the generators once. Unless they changed it in a recent update, you don't need to take those out to beat him.

Strajder
05.10.2014 , 03:27 AM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
Unless you're geared far beyond the quest level (170?), DPS characters should run this quest with a healer companion.
Did it on my Sith Assassin, with mostly Black Hole mods. Died the first time, killed him the second time with a bit more attention. HK-51 as companion. No tactics at all aside from the general MMO tactics - don't stand in stuff, interrupt stuff, do your rotation. Was wondering why I can't loot the isotope rods after the fight, so stumbled upon this page.

P.S: Complainers should try Kanrethad in WoW.

Ulvrid
05.10.2014 , 04:11 AM | #314
I tried to do this quest 10 times with my 52 lvl operative. It's abosulutely impossible. It kills me and my companion while I'm killing droids. I done all other quests, so I can't rich 53. Any suggestions?

PLynkes
05.10.2014 , 04:41 AM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulvrid View Post
I tried to do this quest 10 times with my 52 lvl operative. It's abosulutely impossible. It kills me and my companion while I'm killing droids. I done all other quests, so I can't rich 53. Any suggestions?
Of course you can reach 53. Do some dailies or flashpoints or something. Come back when you are level 55, if it's giving you that much trouble.

As for fighting the droid, trying to do the mechanic with the baby droids got me killed, it was as buggy as hell and the game wouldn't let me target them half the time. When I switched to ignoring them, standing behind the droid and just burning down his hit points I did it first time.

Another solution: Bring a friend. I have helped some people do it, and with two players it is laughably easy.

Ryric
05.10.2014 , 05:56 AM | #316
I hate this boss fight. The basic idea of the mechanics to do it aren't too bad- kill the refueling droids, blow up the generator, or even just quickly dps the archon down.

But every time I fight the guy it's the bugs that kill me.

Untargettable refueling droids.
Droids or the archon appear to be in one place but the game thinks they are somewhere else.
Archon starts the fight full of energy stacks and opens with the mega laser. <-that one required an instance reset

I've soloed him twice and done it once with a group. Both solo endeavors were an exercise in frustration due to the particulars of this fight. Even his non-mega laser damage is not insignificant to a fresh 53-55 with no endgame gear, which is an entirely possible situation for a player who just play straight through.

Ulvrid
05.10.2014 , 06:12 AM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
Of course you can reach 53. Do some dailies or flashpoints or something. Come back when you are level 55, if it's giving you that much trouble.
It's very strange to do daylies before level cap.I didn't think about this. Usually, daylies are for earning money and budges on level cap. Maybe you are right. But it's very strange to level up using daylies.

I tried to do this quest again. I killed about 6-7 spawning baby droids and got killed by archon. I can't imagine how i can kill him if i'm fighting with litle droids all the time. Little droids spawns very often.

EllieAnne
05.10.2014 , 06:43 AM | #318
In my opinion, the problem is that there is too much going on. You can't tab-target repair droids as they enter the scene and I always get knocked back after I get the rod and head to the generator. At least take one of those away.

Khevar
05.10.2014 , 09:31 AM | #319
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulvrid View Post
It's very strange to do daylies before level cap.I didn't think about this. Usually, daylies are for earning money and budges on level cap. Maybe you are right. But it's very strange to level up using daylies..
It can be a great way to level. I tend to finish Corelia around level 47-48. One full run of Belsavis, Ilum and Black Hole gets me to ~51

Ulvrid
05.10.2014 , 10:05 AM | #320
Finally, i completed this quest. I just was running all the time and using all my ranged attacks for archon and baby droids. Maybe it will helpfull for other people.