Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Bantha Mount

JimG
05.09.2014 , 02:01 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by weejohnathon View Post
Hi all how common is this mount across servers? We have 3 on the Red Eclipse cheapest at 12mil which seems insane. I can only assume we have less people buying packs.
Although Im curious is this a ridiculously rare mount or just down to fewer packs being bought?
The Harbinger has 20 for sale right now with the cheapest being 5.4 million. Keep in mind a few things here.

#1 - The absolute worst time to buy something from a CM pack is in the first few days after the pack has been released. Everything has a bind timer on it....and once those timers start wearing off, the first few people list items for ridiculously high prices. Others then start trying to undercut these prices but the undercutting has to work its way down from the ridiculously high start point as supply builds up.

#2 - There are no other Bantha mounts in the game. This is a pretty popular item which means people getting them in CM packs are much less likely to sell them. As additional color variations are released in future packs or through other methods, the price will come down just like it did with Tauntauns and Dewbacks.

#3 - The weekend is always the best time to buy as far as prices. More people online and supply off stuff on the GTN increases on the weekend which drives down the price as everyone tries to undercut each other. The weekend has just barely started....the price will continue to go down on Saturday and Sunday.

If you want a decent price, then you'll have to be patient and wait out the market. If not, then you're just the type of person that the sellers with the high prices are looking for. They are hoping that impatient people who gotta have it right now will pay their ridiculously inflated prices.

ghoul_drool
05.09.2014 , 02:31 PM | #22
I'll just compare it to the first Varactyl that came out. The first Woodlands were really, really expensive for a while and there were threads about it on this very forum to complain about the drop rate IIRC. Of course that changed with the Grassland which not only increased supply but also lowered demand, and still seems to drop fairly often compared with the Woodland and Coastal.

As for Manda Hunter taking a dive, I'm not too sure that will happen. Case in point: Dramatic Extrovert's price has not dropped. It may dip, a little... but I think when packs are no longer opened en masse, Manda Hunter will keep its price, unless they release more similar sets pretty soon.

Gwena
05.09.2014 , 03:14 PM | #23
JimG said it very well.

Now, if by some miracle they don't have another release of Bantha mounts -- either recolors, or putting this one in another pack too -- I don't doubt that the price for this mount will remain rather high. Unlike the Zeldrate mount, which had one release and no recolors but is still pretty inexpensive, the Bantha is a lot more popular. But there are oodles of Tauntans and Varactyls released, so even though they are quite popular, you can easily pick one up for under a mil on the GTN.

Personally, I love the Bantha mount, it is so cute! But I can't see myself buying one unless it dips to 1 mil or less. As awesome as it is, I don't think it is versatile enough for me to justify a higher price. Not a lot of places I'd want to use a bantha mount, y'know?
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

SW_display_name
05.09.2014 , 03:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
[B]Not a lot of places I'd want to use a bantha mount, y'know?
It's quite good for AFK'ing in front of GTN terminals, mailboxes, etc. and making your server hate you.

If, you know... you're into that sort of thing.

Andryah
05.09.2014 , 05:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
The Harbinger has 20 for sale right now with the cheapest being 5.4 million. Keep in mind a few things here.

#1 - The absolute worst time to buy something from a CM pack is in the first few days after the pack has been released. Everything has a bind timer on it....and once those timers start wearing off, the first few people list items for ridiculously high prices. Others then start trying to undercut these prices but the undercutting has to work its way down from the ridiculously high start point as supply builds up.

#2 - There are no other Bantha mounts in the game. This is a pretty popular item which means people getting them in CM packs are much less likely to sell them. As additional color variations are released in future packs or through other methods, the price will come down just like it did with Tauntauns and Dewbacks.

#3 - The weekend is always the best time to buy as far as prices. More people online and supply off stuff on the GTN increases on the weekend which drives down the price as everyone tries to undercut each other. The weekend has just barely started....the price will continue to go down on Saturday and Sunday.

If you want a decent price, then you'll have to be patient and wait out the market. If not, then you're just the type of person that the sellers with the high prices are looking for. They are hoping that impatient people who gotta have it right now will pay their ridiculously inflated prices.
^^ Jim nailed it right there.

Once the blush wears off on the Bantha... I expect we will routinely see them in multiple colors and for well less then 2M credits on the GTN. But it will take a bit for that to happen.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Reno_Tarshil
05.09.2014 , 05:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
^^ Jim nailed it right there.

Once the blush wears off on the Bantha... I expect we will routinely see them in multiple colors and for well less then 2M credits on the GTN. But it will take a bit for that to happen.
I wish the blaster rifles were cheaper already.. 900k for one is insane.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Andryah
05.09.2014 , 05:53 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I wish the blaster rifles were cheaper already.. 900k for one is insane.
Yeah.. I was looking at those prices today. Still.. for a Collectable item... if you really love it.. it's worth it.

But it's still early.. though they do appear to be on the rare side of super rare too. I personally do not think they will hold the prices on these even with the rarity. Why? Because they put a very specific color scheme on them this time that is not very "neutral" and so they are going to look odd to some players with some outfit dyes.

I think you will see them for under 200K for a while.. then they will be really pricy. So I'd say wait a week or two and watch the market.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Reno_Tarshil
05.09.2014 , 05:54 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Yeah.. I was looking at those prices today.

It's still early.. but they do appear to be on the rare side of super rare too. I personally do not think they will hold the prices on these even with the rarity. Why? Because they put a very specific color scheme on them this time that is not very "neutral" and so they are going to look odd to some players with some outfit dyes.

I think you will see them for under 200K for a while.. then they will be really pricy. So I'd say wait a week or two and watch the market.
Hope so.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

SW_display_name
05.19.2014 , 02:19 PM | #29
Semi-necro'ing this out of curiousity: How have Bantha prices settled on your servers?

Seeing Banthas hovering consistently around 2.5-3mil now on my primary GTN server with at least 1 full page at all times. Steep drop from the initial 2-3 at a time for 6-10mil.

PlasmaJohn
05.19.2014 , 05:35 PM | #30
JC. Saw one for 4.2M or 4.5M over the weekend (too rich for my blood). There's one page of them between 5.8M an 9.1M with a fairly even spread between the 2 points.

edit: Looks like a lot of people are trying to unload Hotshot packs. Several pages worth under 200k.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani