Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[BEG] Devs, please don't bolster SM OPS! ...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[BEG] Devs, please don't bolster SM OPS! ...

Adaliaya
05.09.2014 , 01:06 PM | #1
... And if you do, make it work this way: any gear one wears that is under Artifact (156 if I remember correct) quality gets bolstered to Artifact level.

Then important part: if one wears lets say full 180 ( or anything above 156) his/her stats will be exactly same than outside bolster. (would help organize gear cuz preview wouldn't be necessary)
Other thing is I simply feel stupid when my stats change around. This pisses me so much I have ran KDY exactly once since it came out. Even if I have 7 alts I try to lvl fast.

I am player who is not pro, has not operation guild etc. I am what you would describe "casual"
I still enjoy my weekly SMs. Running Dread Palace always makes me glad, and being locked out annoys
That's why I am most worried. If you turn my weekly SMs I enjoy so to KDY type faceroll I don't know what content will be good for me. I did not put a lot effort to get stat optimized 180 gear and expensive Dread Forged relics to run 16 man
KDY. Bioware, you have sad subscriber right here

If you love bolster so, please even make it function like suggested above, so +156 players wouldn't get affected at all

Lorrimar
05.09.2014 , 01:22 PM | #2
Agreed 100%. I too spend a lot of time & effort getting my main optimized. While I do HM's with my guild, I still do a lot of weekly SM's for coms or hell, just for fun. I'm hoping 1 of 2 things happens: 1) still no one uses GF for ops, so nothing changes or 2) they decide not to gimp me just because I want to run a SM Op on my 180 geared toon. I'll probably find another game if I have to be "downgraded" just to run some basic ops.

Infernixx
05.09.2014 , 01:25 PM | #3
The whole thing is easily avoided simply by not using GF for your SMs.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Lorrimar
05.09.2014 , 01:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
my concern is that much like what happened with wow, everyone will stop putting pugs together & start using that horrid raid finder thing.

Adaliaya
05.09.2014 , 01:29 PM | #5
You're right but since 90% of players want to become gods without effort all will run them via GF and finding group won't propably be easy

Infernixx
05.09.2014 , 01:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
You're right but since 90% of players want to become gods without effort all will run them via GF and finding group won't propably be easy
Be 'as' easy as before. But, it's very likely that most people at 180 rating are going to continue to do their own pug runs outside of GF for the same reasons you've listed as well as earlier reasons.

The only thing this is doing is giving the undergeared somewhere to go to get geared. Those who don't need it won't have much reason to run GF for their SMs so it won't effect them at all.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Lorrimar
05.09.2014 , 01:34 PM | #7
Be 'as' easy as before. But, it's very likely that most people at 180 rating are going to continue to do their own pug runs outside of GF for the same reasons you've listed as well as earlier reasons.

The only thing this is doing is giving the undergeared somewhere to go to get geared. Those who don't need it won't have much reason to run GF for their SMs so it won't effect them at all.
I sincerely hope that you are correct sir.

Adaliaya
05.09.2014 , 01:36 PM | #8

I hope you are right. If not ... I need to sharpen up and move to HMs

tanerb
05.09.2014 , 02:07 PM | #9
The real fun will start when these bolstered SM achievers try doing HM ops through pugs. I can almost se

-HM ops are very difficult, nerf them
-Bring bolster to HM ops
-I am full Oricon but Distmantler still one shots me, fix the bug
etc...

Icestar
05.09.2014 , 02:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
... And if you do, make it work this way: any gear one wears that is under Artifact (156 if I remember correct) quality gets bolstered to Artifact level.
Artifact level is 156 and the OPS has recommended 162 gear, I wonder how they thought there.

Anyway, I donīt mind players getting boosted. I play to have fun and the more opportunities to have fun the better
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla