Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Bantha Mount

Hoshkar
05.09.2014 , 08:27 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
Like it happened with the other expensive mounts that still cost around 5 million credits? :P

Speaking of nosedive, the Progenitor had a Bantha for 5,5 million creds in the GTN today, I fully expect them to go down further.
My guess is those mounts that are still sitting around 5 mill + are ones from old packs you can no longer obtain otherwise. Good chance those ones will just go up more and more in price. The Bantha on the other hand is from a brand new pack, which will be available for who knows 3-6 months? New stuff always starts high. Give it a week I bet they will be under 1 million.
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

Wylf
05.09.2014 , 08:31 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoshkar View Post
Give it a week I bet they will be under 1 million.
I seriously hope so. I want a bantha really badly, which I probably mentioned a dozen times on this forum already. But... I'm also notoriously poor (sitting at around 3 million creds right now, on all my characters combined). So a Bantha for under 1 million would be a dream come true ;X
'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay
that bring the fog and mist

The Mitharr Legacy - Way too many characters to name here.
EU - The Progenitor

Hoshkar
05.09.2014 , 08:46 AM | #13
I seriously hope so. I want a bantha really badly, which I probably mentioned a dozen times on this forum already. But... I'm also notoriously poor (sitting at around 3 million creds right now, on all my characters combined). So a Bantha for under 1 million would be a dream come true ;X

Not 15 minutes ago someone was selling one for 3 million out of trade chat, and they wanted to unload it fast lol. Some people see this as a very ugly mount
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

SW_display_name
05.09.2014 , 09:07 AM | #14
Like it happened with the other expensive mounts that still cost around 5 million credits? :P.
I don't know what server you play on, but the only mounts over about 2.5mil on my GTN are ones that are 'discontinued' but still extremely popular Command Thrones / Hoverchairs, basically.

Other animal mounts like Veractyls and Dewbacks also went insane at first because of the novelty factor, but rarely crest 2mil now.

Likewise the Mandalorian Hunter stuff is going to nosedive hard once people realize it rains from the sky in Hotshot Packs, it doesn't dye correctly at all (tons of hideous 'blank' patches), etc. But for now it's posting at relatively high prices for a pack's 'junk' armors simply because of hype / anticipation.

horrorfaneightys
05.09.2014 , 09:16 AM | #15
Me too. I really love collecting animal mounts. So far I have 2 veractyls, a dewback and a tauntaun. But I have no credits as I've not really being doing dailies. Hopefully I can off-load some of the armour I'm sitting on and get one.
"There is no heavier burden than a great potential" ~ Linus, Peanuts
Morga-dar Level 54 Assassin Li'lu-fei Level 54 Sentinel
Xaniata-kee Level 53 Sniper

Luxidenstore
05.09.2014 , 09:44 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
It's definitely one of those "YEAHHHHHH A BANTHA!!! ... why did I want this, again?" kind of things, IMO. The act of getting it is more satisfying than actually using it.

Prices will probably nosedive as people begin realizing this.

Rancors on the other hand will probably consistently tear your wallets apart once they hit GTN.
Funny, to me it's probably the other way around. I find the Rancor incredibly ugly, especially the animations. I'll probably like the CM one slightly better since it doesn't have those weird looking lights on it. I may be in the minority thinking this.
Only healed myself to 99% - FAIL!

OddballEasyEight
05.09.2014 , 09:56 AM | #17
Like it happened with the other expensive mounts that still cost around 5 million credits? :P

Speaking of nosedive, the Progenitor had a Bantha for 5,5 million creds in the GTN today, I fully expect them to go down further.
That's a point I was going to make. Most of the old "OMG I NEED THIS!" mounts are still listed for a few millions, but they never seem to sell (same seller names keep popping up) and once in a while someone puts one up for 1-2 million. Those usually get snagged pretty fast but even those remain unsold for some of the older ones.

I think greed is just kicking in and people think that others are still happy to pay millions for a mount that almost everyone has.

Reno_Tarshil
05.09.2014 , 09:58 AM | #18
I'm more concerned with how pricey the weapons are.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

plotenox
05.09.2014 , 10:37 AM | #19
I was on the Harbinger server recently and I did find like 2-3 pages of banthas on the GTN. Alot of them ranging from 5- 20 million credits I think.
A little before I checked the GTN for that I did saw 1 guy on his bantha mount near the GTN. It was the only time so far that I've seen someone already having that bantha.

What I want to know is...can they jump?
Digital Deluxe Edition
Sith Inquisitor:Riper Server:The Razor Trooper:Plaxon Server:The Harbinger

SW_display_name
05.09.2014 , 01:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
That's a point I was going to make. Most of the old "OMG I NEED THIS!" mounts are still listed for a few millions, but they never seem to sell (same seller names keep popping up) and once in a while someone puts one up for 1-2 million. Those usually get snagged pretty fast but even those remain unsold for some of the older ones.
I've started noticing this too.

I'm not sure how some of these sellers have the time, GTN slots, or inventory to do this, but I see their same overpriced items sitting there relisted for weeks on end.

And they obsessively undercut any competitor overpricers within like an hour. (what do they do all day? )

I guess if you're patient enough all you have to do is make a few sales per week to pay off? It just seems so tedious, I prefer to keep my inventory flowing with a high-volume / market price approach.