Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Plagueis "new canon"

t-darko
05.08.2014 , 07:54 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by PavSalco View Post
Darth Plagueis is the only Dark Lord of the Sith that was mentioned in the movies, so it would be rational to assume that they make him the antagonist of the new trilogy in order to relate to the prequels as well. The fact that he was killed by Sidious doesn't change much. Palpatine also died but it didn't stop him from returning as a clone
I would say this is a logical guess following your argument, BUT as we do throw guesses around some odd 100 to 200 years doesn't make anything 'ancient'. Could this be a reference to something more 'Ancient' and the first validation of old EU lore? The Ghost of Exar-Kun, that is the ancient evil!?

PainOfDemise
05.08.2014 , 08:31 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
Now that Post-ROTJ EU has been wiped. What most people dont know is that Pre-Episode 1 isnt out of danger yet. With the Darth Plagueis novel considered "legends"by a senior LFL employee. Could it possibly mean a possible Darth Plagueis appearance in the new movies now that he isnt even officially dead?
I don't foresee him coming back from the dead.
The Tarvock Legacy

Girdeux
05.08.2014 , 10:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by t-darko View Post
I would say this is a logical guess following your argument, BUT as we do throw guesses around some odd 100 to 200 years doesn't make anything 'ancient'. Could this be a reference to something more 'Ancient' and the first validation of old EU lore? The Ghost of Exar-Kun, that is the ancient evil!?
Episode 7-9 are based on Georges story treatments...theres 0 chance this is happening.

Quote: Originally Posted by PainOfDemise View Post
I don't foresee him coming back from the dead.
Sidious thought he was dead. Not that he actually is dead.

Beniboybling
05.09.2014 , 05:01 AM | #14
As I said in another thread, we mustn't forget that Plagueis discovered how to prevent others from dying and even managed to reverse his own aging process. The book tells us outright that he had discovered the secret of immortality, and when Sidious attacks him the guy just sits there and barely puts up a fight, almost as if he wanted to die.

I think their is plenty room for Plagueis say keeping his psyche intact in midichlorian form - research we know he explored from his diary in Book of Sith and somehow managed to recreate himself 30 years after ROTJ.

The only issue is making the concept simply enough for audiences to understand, and as soon as the word "midichlorian" is mentioned the Prequel bashers will be in uproar.