Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

do you think with the new update that people are going to come back to SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
do you think with the new update that people are going to come back to SWTOR?

meierme
05.09.2014 , 12:57 AM | #1
i just came back after about a year of not playing because i now have more time on my hands but when ever i go to a planet theirs only 10-20 people there. i enjoy the game but it makes it really boring if theirs no one to play with. so im just wondering if i should just cut my losses and find a new MMO or stick around and hope for the best.

theUndead
05.09.2014 , 12:59 AM | #2
It really depends on you honestly. Ask yourself are you having fun? If not then find something else that is enjoyable. Also keep in mind, that during different times of the day the general population is bigger or smaller.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

Korithras
05.09.2014 , 01:16 AM | #3
Getting people to come (back) and try the game isn't Bioware's problem. Keeping them is where they suck.

meierme
05.09.2014 , 01:30 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
Getting people to come (back) and try the game isn't Bioware's problem. Keeping them is where they suck.
man i think i may have made a mistake renewing my membership, if they can even keep the players they have how the hell are they going to get any one to come back?
i really do like the game, but i dont know if i can stick around to watch it fail like this.

Korithras
05.09.2014 , 01:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by meierme View Post
man i think i may have made a mistake renewing my membership, if they can even keep the players they have how the hell are they going to get any one to come back?
i really do like the game, but i dont know if i can stick around to watch it fail like this.
I find the game enjoyable, and I intend to enjoy it for as long as it's still around. Or until EA screws the pooch and royally #$&%s something up.

QuiDonJorn
05.09.2014 , 01:54 AM | #6
Yeah, you should really find another mmo to play with zillions of people playing at all times of the day.
I think you would be happier.

ZETA_SCORPII
05.09.2014 , 02:10 AM | #7
Dude, ***? You like the game so play it! Join a guild and make friends. The Harbinger server has a decent population and finding and there are always ppl looking to quest so maybe try a different server. I don't suggest asking ppl on forums though, think for yourself and enjoy the game.

horrorfaneightys
05.09.2014 , 03:55 AM | #8
It's not failing.
"There is no heavier burden than a great potential" ~ Linus, Peanuts
Morga-dar Level 54 Assassin Li'lu-fei Level 54 Sentinel
Xaniata-kee Level 53 Sniper Aiden-grey Level 55 Vanguard

Jandi
05.09.2014 , 04:21 AM | #9
If you want to see a promising MMO crash and burn, follow ESO. The developers there have their heads so far up their behinds that the game is in some serious trouble. It might even break the record of "fastest to F2P".

I just played it for the first free month and it was brutal. Constant 4-6h maintenances, unplayable lag in PvP that only started recently (was fine around launch). People freely exploiting infinite resource spawns for weeks with nothing being done. Skill lines where literally not a single passive works. Completely out of whack difficulty where monsters just get an increased hp pool and damage done across the entire zone with no testing done, resulting in certain mobs taking minutes to kill while others only seconds. Completely unkillable quest bosses because they just oneshot you with abilities that you have no way of avoiding due to lag spikes.

I could go on for a page, but that game is a mess.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

trancejeremy
05.09.2014 , 04:39 AM | #10
Yeah, supposedly the server I am on is almost always very busy and the most crowded of the listed ones, but when I am on a planet (past Tatooine that is, Alderaan and later), there are 8-20 people.

I'm not one of those people who has to play with others to have fun, but I do like seeing people run around.

I don't think people will come back. I subbed for 2 months about 40 days ago. I won't be subbing again, because what's the point? I'll have finished the class stories on a couple of characters and have no particular desire to repeat the planetary quests, yet won't be able to just do the class quest (without having to do KDY a bazillion times). And there's no class or companion story past 50, so no point in continue to play the characters I did finish on.

And there's not much of a community here. It's not bad, but it's like in most other MMORPGs. You have a lot of small guilds that never seem to recruit, you have a few big ones that aren't particular but are aggravating to be in. Trying to do group content in PUGs usually makes you run into the elitists (see all the complaints about bolstering) which isn't worth the frustration.