Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare are you trying to get your operations players to leave?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BioWare are you trying to get your operations players to leave?

justinplainview
05.07.2014 , 05:20 PM | #11
I've never really been negative about this game before, and I've played since damned near launch....

but I agree. Ops are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too slow to come on. 1 year between DF/DP and next op? It's too long. Unless 2.9 is a new op and then they raise it to a level 60 op when makebesque expansion comes out (and contains a NEW Op a la the 2.0 update), they will be working on a roadmap that basically does nothing for raiders.

DrewFromPhilly
05.07.2014 , 05:31 PM | #12
The same could be said by players anticipating story content who haven't had it since makeb, or pvp players which I won't even get into because I'd start rambling, GSF players dismayed that their new ship was shelved, and so forth and so on.

They try to please everybody, and at the end of the day they fall short with everybody.

Duniss
05.07.2014 , 05:37 PM | #13
singed

Duniss
05.07.2014 , 05:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
The same could be said by players anticipating story content who haven't had it since makeb, or pvp players which I won't even get into because I'd start rambling, GSF players dismayed that their new ship was shelved, and so forth and so on.

They try to please everybody, and at the end of the day they fall short with everybody.
cz, oricon, forged alliances granted not much story in those but still some new story they added...

DarthTexas
05.07.2014 , 06:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post

Since the last new operations were introduced there have been multiple updates dedicated to the launch of GSF, in addition to new maps and ships. PvP'ers have got a new huttball map, as well as seasons 1 & 2. I will agree that story players have been short-changed as well.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

AshlaBoga
05.07.2014 , 06:03 PM | #16
It's an interesting dilemma.

The casuals can't clear NiM and so don't progress on current content.

The hardcores have NiM on farm and thus have no more content left.

I'm not certain how to fix that.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

tanerb
05.07.2014 , 06:07 PM | #17
Sadly, we are not the targeted audience anymore.

NoFishing
05.07.2014 , 06:10 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post

What Bioware was doing right up until DF/DP was fantastic; release a new operation every 6 to 8 months, with NiM, new HM FPs ( and I do mean hard, like Lost Island in 1.2 ), events, and new daily/story planets in between. It doesn't require a new operation every two months, it just has to be often enough for raiders at every level to see and become excited about what's coming up next.

EDIT: I realize I completely left PvP out of this. Sorry, PvP needs updates in there too!!

Projawa
05.07.2014 , 08:31 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post

More new ops.

milehighclub
05.07.2014 , 08:36 PM | #20
Signed.