Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Today's pack chances at good items lower than usual?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Today's pack chances at good items lower than usual?

ThaReaperNL
05.07.2014 , 04:38 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
So if I may borrow your comment for a moment..... (my comments below are general, not specific to you)

This is an excellent demonstration of human nature.... where the human has desires and wants those desires fulfilled with as little investment as possible. People want the drop-odds for a particular item they crave to be HIGH. Problem is, Bioware decides the drop rates and loads the drop tables without polling everyone to see what they want most and what they want to expend to get it.

Whereas.... the path to certainty is to find the item on the GTN, at the price you are willing to pay. That is the beauty of free trade status of CM content.... which Bioware rarely gets credit for the forethought.
You may most certainly borrow that
It does however show human nature at it's finest. To be honest I had more than average expectations of getting atleast one mount as I was thrown to death with them in the last hypercrate same with pets.
I agree with you that some specific items are rarer as they should be, but the math in my head told me that the chances of getting a mount were pretty good. Nobody is perfect I guess

Millardkillmoore
05.07.2014 , 04:55 PM | #72
Out of curiosity: Do the jetpacks on the underwater sets function? I like the model and was thinking of getting the chestpiece for my Bounty Hunter.

Mowermanx
05.07.2014 , 08:31 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
? Apparently there is a GTN fairy you don't know about.

You buy packs. Sell them, just the pack, on GTN for creds. Wait until the item you want is listed on GTN, because it will be. Let the price wars from those posting new items on GTN turn into a frenzy, then buy said item at a very good price. Simple and very effective.

For the super rares the price will be high, but you can make millions just by selling the packs.

I don't know why this continues to be a mystery.
I don't know why you quoted me, what you said has nothing to do with what I was addressing.

ivanhedgehog
05.08.2014 , 08:54 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
And unlike legalized gambling, EA does not have to show you the odds. So you are left guessing as to how low the drop rate is for the various items.

And by the way, if you spent a bunch of real life money on these gamble packs with the expectation you would get whatever you desired simply by purchasing and opening a lot of them, you should probably call one of those gamble addiction hotlines.
BW has the problem that once players realize that the packs are so junk heavy that they are not worth the money, they will stop buying them and the F2P house of cards starts to fall. they have to balance a perceived need for "rarity" with a need to continue selling the packs.

long story short, if customers stop buying these packs, bw is in trouble. as long as they sell they will continue to push them out instead of content.

Sangrar
05.08.2014 , 09:03 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
BW has the problem that once players realize that the packs are so junk heavy that they are not worth the money, they will stop buying them and the F2P house of cards starts to fall. they have to balance a perceived need for "rarity" with a need to continue selling the packs.

long story short, if customers stop buying these packs, bw is in trouble. as long as they sell they will continue to push them out instead of content.
are you kidding me I got a freaking dessler today in the first pack I got, and thats not the first time I have gotten a high end speeder off of the first cartel pack of a set I bought. You know, I will not stop buying packs ( though I will never go full buyer mode and buy 100 packs at once though lol) and neither will a lot of people especially since there are still cool armors and mounts in them, even if it is "junk" you want sell it or give it to a friend and dump it on them, cartel packs are not so useless.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Ixion
05.08.2014 , 09:27 PM | #76
Its been a while, but back when they first released the store and packs I thought they said that the drop rates for items in the packs was variable. If not many people were buying and opening packs, the drop rate would increase- the idea being that people would open them and tell everybody about their awesome loot. As more people opened that particular type of pack, the rate would decrease to keep the rare items rare. They even mentioned that you could do really well by buying older packs after a new release.

I've never bought any packs personally so I don't know, that's just how I thought the devs said system worked.

Sidenti
05.08.2014 , 09:29 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Millardkillmoore View Post
Out of curiosity: Do the jetpacks on the underwater sets function? I like the model and was thinking of getting the chestpiece for my Bounty Hunter.
A better question would be "why are there jetpacks on a freakin' underwater armor set?!"

Sangrar
05.08.2014 , 09:56 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Sidenti View Post
A better question would be "why are there jetpacks on a freakin' underwater armor set?!"
well you got to be able to go up and down in the water somehow it may look like a jetpack but it probably is for that purpose of moving up and down in the water
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Arkerus
05.08.2014 , 10:23 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
Its been a while, but back when they first released the store and packs I thought they said that the drop rates for items in the packs was variable. If not many people were buying and opening packs, the drop rate would increase- the idea being that people would open them and tell everybody about their awesome loot. As more people opened that particular type of pack, the rate would decrease to keep the rare items rare. They even mentioned that you could do really well by buying older packs after a new release.

I've never bought any packs personally so I don't know, that's just how I thought the devs said system worked.
That was never, ever, true in any manner.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

OddballEasyEight
05.08.2014 , 10:37 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Sidenti View Post
Well... there are jetboats, so why not jetpacks?
Besides, what we have on the other sets aren't jetpacks, they are rocketpacks.
I mean, these things pretty much already exist in real life: http://www.armedforces-int.com/uploa...two_people.jpg
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.