Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

YoshiRaphElan
05.07.2014 , 02:32 PM | #61
"Every" event includes the Chevin event he said hopefully?

DrewFromPhilly
05.07.2014 , 02:32 PM | #62
Well, most of this is just flipping a switch to turn on recycled events or dbl commendations or whatever. The gree event? That's not content, that's artificially extended content from a year ago. And once again they say nothing about the "big" thing being released later in the year after the instanced player housing I probably won't ever even go into on any of my characters.

Bruce, when players are legitimately concerned about the slooooooow flow of content and the direction of the game (amidst a season of other MMOs being released) teasing about things that could convince people to stick around is a terrible and naive idea. At the very least you should be talking big picture details about this "big" thing to be released, and get more specific in the next few months. Because honestly, from what I've seen from Bioware in the past regarding SWTOR when you simply say "something big" being planned I have no faith whatsoever that it's going to be something in any way impressive or worth staying until the fall for.

So a resounding MEH from me.

Darth_Wicked
05.07.2014 , 02:33 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
And you're making it sound much simpler than it is. Programming a mini game into a single player game is a heck of a lot simpler than programming a multiplayer minigame such as Pazaak into a pre-existing game, taking into account the entire system would have to be made to fit into an MMO context.
It's not like they've done it already, in a far smaller scale than Pazaak would be, right?

* looks at GSF *

Ohhhhh, right. It's actually far bigger, as scale is concerned.

MarsherMeow
05.07.2014 , 02:34 PM | #64
No information about new Operations? You are about to release a 2nd expansion that hasn't had any Operation content.

tanerb
05.07.2014 , 02:34 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
Well, most of this is just flipping a switch to turn on recycled events or dbl commendations or whatever. The gree event? That's not content, that's artificially extended content from a year ago. And once again they say nothing about the "big" thing being released later in the year after the instanced player housing I probably won't ever even go into on any of my characters.

Bruce, when players are legitimately concerned about the slooooooow flow of content and the direction of the game (amidst a season of other MMOs being released) teasing about things that could convince people to stick around is a terrible and naive idea. At the very least you should be talking big picture details about this "big" thing released, and get more specific in the next few months. Because honestly, from what I've seen from Bioware in the past regarding SWTOR when you simply say "something big" being planned I have no faith whatsoever that it's going to be something in any way impressive or worth staying until the fall for.

Pathetic updates. They are in the maintenance mode, and I would not be surprised if the big announcement is closure of the game on behalf of another EA MMO

honkymonkey
05.07.2014 , 02:34 PM | #66
Our dear friend Musco should not have called this Roadmap of 2014. Anyway, a few events over the summer to keep people playing, but feels abit lackluster.

Darth_Wicked
05.07.2014 , 02:34 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post

Bruce, when players are legitimately concerned about the slooooooow flow of content and the direction of the game (amidst a season of other MMOs being released) teasing about things that could convince people to stick around is a terrible and naive idea. At the very least you should be talking big picture details about this "big" thing released, and get more specific in the next few months. Because honestly, from what I've seen from Bioware in the past regarding SWTOR when you simply say "something big" being planned I have no faith whatsoever that it's going to be something in any way impressive or worth staying until the fall for.

Try like a year and a half(!) ago, going for two(!!!) in fact.

Swissbob
05.07.2014 , 02:35 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Both KoTOR games had Pazaak; Said games were released almost ten(!) and eleven(!!!) years ago. You're making it sound like it's far more complicated than what it really is.

It's not time travel or anything.
One of the problems with implementing Pazaak in SWTOR as opposed to in KOTOR is that in SWTOR it would be expected to be multiplayer. That means having to create the infrastructure for two players to play in real time, and integrate that into the rest of the game.

Yeah, it might not seem very hard, and maybe it isn't, but single-player slot machines are much easier.

That said, Pazaak is such a hugely requested feature, and it would make so many players happy with a low amount of effort (compared to something like player housing or GSF) that it really seems like it makes since for Bioware to include it at this point.
My Solution to the "Game is Too Easy Crisis"

My Guides to Combat in SWTOR: Part 1 | Part 2

Bugattiboy
05.07.2014 , 02:35 PM | #69
Yay! Another credit sink; and if there wasn't a definitive reason to avoid doing ops through group finder, there is now.

DarthZaul
05.07.2014 , 02:36 PM | #70
Where are the new raids? 1 Raid patch per year is even worse than WoW.