Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mandalorian Hunter Armor Set - Dye Bug

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Mandalorian Hunter Armor Set - Dye Bug
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lednew
05.06.2014 , 10:15 PM | #1
The new "Mandalorian Hunter Armor Set" from the new Hotshot's Starfighter Pack has huge sections on every piece (notably the chest and legs) that do not dye correctly when previewing dyes on the set.

This isn't the usual non-dyeable "Tertiary" color, but large areas that do match when in default color, but don't change when a dye is previewed.

Can this be looked into?

Edit:
Quote:
These are the sections that don't dye correctly (I know that isn't the headpiece from the set, just pretend it is).

This (From L-R: Dark Grey/White, Deep Yellow/White, Dark Green/White, Deep Red/White, Default) is what it should do, with the white accent stripes being the Secondary color, and the black undershirt/pants being the Tertiary, un-dyeable color.

TaitWatson
05.07.2014 , 08:31 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
It sure can! I'll pass it along and see what's going on.
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Reno_Tarshil
05.07.2014 , 08:33 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
It sure can! I'll pass it along and see what's going on.
Please Tait darken the Primary Green Dye when used on the boots for me!
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

Flying-Brian
05.07.2014 , 02:36 PM | #4
When previewing this armor set, there is an issue with how it is set up to handle dyes.

There are 3 main colors in the armor. Blue (primary), white (secondary) and light bluish/grey. The problem is that the light bluish/grey is the hard coded color that is not effected by dyes.

I think most people are going to look at the armor set and assume that the white color is the hard coded color, since on similar looking sets of Bounty Hunter armor, that is how they are set up.

Having the light bluish/grey as the hard coded color, ruins the look of this highly anticipated armor set when dyes are used.

Please fix/change the way the colors are set up to handle dyes with this set.

Either change the coloration so that the light bluish/grey becomes the secondary color and white is the hard coded color that is not affected by dyes.

Or change it so the light bluish/grey is effected by what new primary color is used, and just becomes a lighter shade of that color.

Reno_Tarshil
05.08.2014 , 01:46 AM | #5
The part that doesn't dye needs to be changed to the secondary color, especially on the Helmet as the stripes around the visor do not dye.
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

Anzel
05.08.2014 , 12:12 PM | #6
Ugh... I just bound this set today. I was so excited. I went to dye it and eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww. Come on guys. Please fix this one. The set itself is really great looking.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Anzel
05.08.2014 , 12:35 PM | #7
So I added a black/yellow dye from the CE vendor just to see if it was an issue with the preview window. Yeah... it's not. LOL.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

-Sullster-
05.08.2014 , 05:39 PM | #8
I have noticed this as well there are certain tertiary parts staying blue, the biggest gripe for me at the moment is there is a gap between the chest and helmet (bottom of neck) of this set on both me and my companion so I can see through the character.

Very off putting, don't know if its just limited to me due to graphics settings though but have had to hide helmet because it is unbearable seeing the background through my characters neck during conversations, whilst during combat the back is perfect.
Sullster
"Fight Fire With Fire!"

Lednew
05.09.2014 , 01:33 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
I think most people are going to look at the armor set and assume that the white color is the hard coded color, since on similar looking sets of Bounty Hunter armor, that is how they are set up.
I would have expected the black to be the Tertiary (hard-coded) color, the blue to be the Primary, and the White stripes the Secondary.

Edzew
05.10.2014 , 08:10 PM | #10
i posted this in another thread not knowing about this one so ill post it here as well... i took pics of the armor with all the dyes i have available so you can see just how bad this is... also the light blue is not the only color hard coded there is also a dark blue hard coded in the shoulder straps and the armband they are hard to see unless you zoom in really close to them but it is another blue color hard coded.

anyways here is the link to the pic http://oi61.tinypic.com/20t553r.jpg also top middle is the original armor not dyed

i really hope they fix this armor because it was the one thing i really wanted out of this new pack.
Click Here for a free inventory slot!!!