Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about Cartel Market

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Question about Cartel Market

yosoymilk
05.04.2014 , 09:45 AM | #1
I'm a returning player (stopped playing right before they went to F2P) so I'm a bit confused about some of the changes still and re-learning the game.

How does the Cartel Market work? I've managed to rack up some Cartel Coin's and itchin to buy something nice for myself but nothing in the market is really appealing at the moment. I've seen other players with some stuff they bought off the market but I don't see any of it there. Is this past stuff they've bought? Do they update the items once in awhile or is there somewhere on the Fleet you go to? I feel like I'm missing something...

Oh! And I have a question about WZ's since they've added a few since I've last played.
Are they randomly generated or are there specific ones designated for certain level groups? I feel like I'm constantly playing Ancient Hypergate which I like but after playing it for the 3rd time in a row it gets tedious and boring.

AshlaBoga
05.04.2014 , 09:54 AM | #2
Most of the CM stuff you're talking about is probably from Gambling packs.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Hoshkar
05.04.2014 , 11:04 AM | #3
You might like this website if you are looking for a specific look - http://tor-fashion.com/
As far as cartel coins go, you might want to save them for account unlocking in collections, or unlocking legacy things. Most cartel market items can be traded and sold on the GTN, and some are dirt cheap!

Some cartel packs are no longer available, so the items that come from them tend to run a little higher in price. You can also get a bunch of stuff off the faction vendors in the cartel bazaar if you would rather grind their reputations instead! (some even have unique looks that you cannot get elsewhere)
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

Fidelicatessen
05.04.2014 , 07:38 PM | #4
WZs pop randomly--luck of the draw.

Ezrat
05.05.2014 , 04:42 PM | #5
If you want gear off the Cartel MArket, I recommend buying the sets on the GTN. When you get a set equipped on a character, that character can retrieve bound copies of it forever. You can then spend CC from another toon to unlock that outfit for your account. This is the best use of CC IMO.