Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Say chatter bug

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dacentabaal
05.04.2014 , 11:27 AM | #1
I get this bug on occasion in the Gchat channel where my message just won't go through, I have to resend my message again for it to register,

But today in RP my Say channel kept on becoming unresponsive for me and the people I was RP'n with, a UI reset fixed it briefly, but then it kept happening, a relog didn't help so a hard reset it was, that fixed it,. or so we thought, then it kept not showing any messages or responses in the Say channel no matter how many times we posted

I and some friends have only noticed the chat delay/general bugs since maintenance

Also.. I'm only posting this mainly cause CS don't answer on the in game tickets anymore and tell us to post here instead and hope the post to don't get lost in bug spam posts
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

BrianDavion
05.04.2014 , 01:48 PM | #2
I'll back up this bug, and even give some more solid info. as last night I had a chance to do some testing.

say works fine in most cases, however when 2 or more people from the oppisite faction get close. (so two sith walk up to 2 jedi) say breaks.

Sirolar
05.04.2014 , 03:41 PM | #3
Did some testing on my own and the "range" of that bug seems to be about 45 meters. Which might be the range of /say, but I don't know if that's exactly the case

TaitWatson
05.05.2014 , 09:56 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for your post! This is something we are aware of and working on, but right now I don't have any ETA for you.
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

AlrikFassbauer
05.05.2014 , 12:15 PM | #5
Had this yesterday on Oricon as well. Wasn't able to "say" a "thank you" for getting help by imperial faction players.
<S-key to victory> Because quad wheel is always better than dual wheel.

BrianDavion
05.05.2014 , 05:47 PM | #6
any chance of this being hotfixed tonight?

Kyrrant
05.05.2014 , 09:14 PM | #7
Yeah, this is still in effect. 2 Republic and 2 Imperials in the same area is preventing my Pub char from seeing /say chat from the other Pub char.

This basically completely kills any attempt at cross faction RP, and it really needs to get addressed.

Zaxuku
05.05.2014 , 09:54 PM | #8
Just another note on top of the no workies:

Can you also please restore seeing who is already logged into a custom chat channel when you first log in?
I used to sign into a character and be able to see exactly who was online and in my custom chat channel. Now all that's gone, and I need to play guessing games concerning who is on. It's just a small thing, but would appreciate that coming back.
Aolanni, Reithan, Zharko | Phrixos, Lakesh, Sharizad
Begeren Colony RP Server

dacentabaal
05.06.2014 , 01:24 AM | #9
Update:

Had a try on Nar Shaddaa and got some of my guildies to log to their rep alts, if a single rep player comes within 45 meter range of my character my Say channel completely disables
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

Jerba
05.06.2014 , 04:20 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxuku View Post
Just another note on top of the no workies:

Can you also please restore seeing who is already logged into a custom chat channel when you first log in?
I used to sign into a character and be able to see exactly who was online and in my custom chat channel. Now all that's gone, and I need to play guessing games concerning who is on. It's just a small thing, but would appreciate that coming back.
I would also like to see this functionality returned. I posted more information about this issue in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=738204.