Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alignment playing a smuggler question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Alignment playing a smuggler question

psandak
04.21.2014 , 08:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Amilyne View Post
Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the force this morning...

Sorry, had to say that
+ 50 darkside points
-1 Riggs

I'm making choices on what I feel drives the story forward for my character and the way I envision her. In her case she is Light side. There have been a couple dark side choices, but that's just how I see the character going.

I think what I meant was it does mean something if you want it too on a personal (and physical level as characters do change). I've read about the relics thing and I know they mean nothing leveling.
That's what happens when different individuals read the same plain text; without any emotion or context behind it, plain text can be interpreted many ways .

Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
From a role-playing perspective I agree.

The only thing imho worth "farming" - apart from Commendations - are Social Points. Because the Social Vendors sometimes offer unique stuff.
Unique yes, appealing...no so much (at least to me). When I seek out an outfit for a character I want it to jump out at me. None of the social outfits jump out at me. But to each his own .

Amilyne
04.21.2014 , 11:10 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Unique yes, appealing...no so much (at least to me). When I seek out an outfit for a character I want it to jump out at me. None of the social outfits jump out at me. But to each his own .
I so agree with you. I am having fun with alinement though. I'm glad to hear about the affection point though, I kind of wonder what would happen if you went dark side. I plan on doing that for a character to see how things play out and for the legacy points.

Thank you for your help

AlrikFassbauer
04.21.2014 , 12:46 PM | #13
Well, the female social outfit from Coruscant can be found nowhere else. Not that I know of.
The Tatooine social vendor Sand People armor as well - with the exception of that Cartel Market armor. From a role-playing perspective, it's imho good. I used it for my Sage on Tatooine, class story.
The Taris (republic) social vendor armor reminds me a lot of Dash Rendar. Only recently has it been re-released through the Cartel Market.
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Cloriant
05.03.2014 , 02:56 AM | #14
Great stories in this game, something I have been missing in games. as I have not played one by the artists formerly known as Bioware * pours out a small portion of 40 ounce beverage* in a while.

If we do something like kill an innocent in front of a lightside companion or not slaughter a town in front of a dark side one will that close conversation or romance options?
"Time to die, bug face." -Revan

Fidelicatessen
05.04.2014 , 07:51 PM | #15
Companions are not light side or dark side. They simply have personalities. A given companion will like it when you kill the guy sometimes, and in other situations not like it (just like a real person). There is no LS/DS for companions.

You can't lock yourself out of any conversations with companions, no matter what choices you make. You can always give more gifts if you do things that lose affection with them. You *can* lock yourself out of romance, but only through conversation options during companion convos.

SandsOfArrakis
05.04.2014 , 11:53 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Well, the female social outfit from Coruscant can be found nowhere else. Not that I know of.
The Tatooine social vendor Sand People armor as well - with the exception of that Cartel Market armor. From a role-playing perspective, it's imho good. I used it for my Sage on Tatooine, class story.
The Taris (republic) social vendor armor reminds me a lot of Dash Rendar. Only recently has it been re-released through the Cartel Market.
The Coruscant female set is now sold on Dromund Kaas as well. Discovered that last night and my PT's Mako now runs around in it
Írulan (Sage) ~ Jeannedarc (Shadow) ~ Sihaya (Scoundrel) ~ Elysaine (Sentinel)
Rhíannon (Sorc) ~ Gaeriel (Merc) ~ Ìrulan (Mara) ~ Aurorâ (Op) ~ Samus-Aran (PT)
The Corrino Legacy Server: The Red Eclipse

PLynkes
05.05.2014 , 03:38 AM | #17
The relics that you can get from the Rakghoul event vendor blow the Light and Dark side vendor ones out of the water.

So if you're worried about gear, forget about min-maxing light and dark side points and just play as you feel your character would. Get yourself some T.H.O.R.N. rep instead, next time the event comes around. They have the best levelling relics. They are bind-to-legacy too, so you can shunt them around your alts when you grow out of them.