Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2.8 Patch notes are out and Operatives are getting the good stuff now!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
2.8 Patch notes are out and Operatives are getting the good stuff now!

Swatchie's Avatar


Swatchie
05.01.2014 , 03:03 PM | #1
http://dulfy.net/2014/05/01/swtor-pa...Classes_Combat

Read it and Weep Peeps. Now that all the other classes are getting buffs, we can die even faster!!!! JOY!
Sanitary 55 Scoundrel. Duchi 55 Gunslinger. Construction 55 Vanguard Tank. Faxx 55 Sage Heals. Rolling 55 Pyrotech. Foil 55 Sorc heals/dps. Wax 55 Guardian Vigi.
New toons : Copy 51 Shadow, Blue-Print 20 something Mando. Print 13 or so Sent, Oragami some level Operative. Butcher somehow a Mara.

snave's Avatar


snave
05.01.2014 , 04:05 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Swatchie View Post
http://dulfy.net/2014/05/01/swtor-pa...Classes_Combat

Read it and Weep Peeps. Now that all the other classes are getting buffs, we can die even faster!!!! JOY!
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...11#post7389011

They're looking for input on potential class changes there.

Liquor's Avatar


Liquor
05.01.2014 , 11:04 PM | #3
We don't need a change, just a revert.
Founder of *MaFiA* Oct 13th, 2000 - SWG Elder, Chilastra -=- SWTOR CE - Darth Bandon-Shadowlands - Multi-game, Multi-faction - MrDeids.com -=- THE STREAM
<Mando> - Vette/Mako/Zash/Pierce/Sylas
<Your Companion> - Vette/Elara/Pierce/Vader/Kaliyo/Sylas/Scourge

snave's Avatar


snave
05.02.2014 , 09:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
We don't need a change, just a revert.
This is a bit silly to be honest, it's not like we were doing particularly well with the knock down.

We need a change, we need more survivability and that's what they're asking about. If the removal of a 1.5 second stun is game breaking for you then you have bigger problems to worry about.

Haystak's Avatar


Haystak
05.02.2014 , 09:49 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
This is a bit silly to be honest, it's not like we were doing particularly well with the knock down.

We need a change, we need more survivability and that's what they're asking about. If the removal of a 1.5 second stun is game breaking for you then you have bigger problems to worry about.
I think its more of an identity crisis, than actual utility. The knockdown was key more to playstyle than actual utility gained.
Airwolf -55-Scoundrel
Mcrose -55-Shadow
Makros -55-Marauder
Mac-Ros -55-Vangaurd

Cordorian's Avatar


Cordorian
05.02.2014 , 09:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
We don't need a change, just a revert.
if we (don't know why is still have so strong feeling towards operatives... i just love the class i guess), finally get the survivability to me more than finishers in regs and the survivability to not be a liability in ranked, it is a good change.

I was surprise how little the changes to jarring strike in 2.7 actually alterted the play style and success rate. It looks kind of retarded, but yeah most of the time you open, people still seem confused as hell and you can finish a full rotation before they even know what is happening.

snave's Avatar


snave
05.02.2014 , 12:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Haystak View Post
I think its more of an identity crisis, than actual utility. The knockdown was key more to playstyle than actual utility gained.
If they reintroduce a cast interrupt in to Jarring Strikes then as far as I can tell it'll be just as useful as before.

The removal sucked, we all know it, it's just not as fun without the face plant and nothing anyone says will fix that but being objective about the class it's not really a game breaking change, especially if they give us some decent survivability.

WickedImage's Avatar


WickedImage
05.04.2014 , 08:50 AM | #8
Gotta say, I'm with Snave on this one. Loved the KD but gaining it back will only help concealment survive 1.5 more seconds. ymmv.....but not much lol.
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%