Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else bored with heal spec?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Anyone else bored with heal spec?

05.01.2014 , 11:20 PM | #1
Was concealment until they took our knockdown.
Could careless about those that complain about survivability before 2.7. I was fine. Now it's pointless for me to run conc

So now heal spec and I'm bored. All too easy. Hot em up, someone in trouble? Slap them with the other two hots back to back. I'm rarely using surgical probe or kolto. Just hots. No energy issues, Agro doesn't bother me for long with evades and stealth if tanks aren't paying attention.

Sad to watch a DPS Sorc, Merc and I walk through Cadminu HM without a tank.

Pvp wise is boring too, roll out when in trouble. But keep those hots up and stay near tank.

At least concealment in the good old days was enjoyable and more of a challenge. Guess I'll go back to AoC if I want to stab someone. those finishing moves kept things interesting.

05.02.2014 , 04:07 AM | #2
If you're rarely even using surgical probe nevermind kolto you are healing easy content, pve or pvp.
You'd also have to be clipping your resources and that's bad play. You're talking about flashpoints and that makes sense. I haven't bothered doing those on my main in a long time but generally recuperative nanotech alone is enough to out-heal them. BW decided after lost island that challenging 4m content was just not going to be a thing anymore it seems. Which is a shame really.

That said the spec has been getting less and less dynamic recently (wasn't mechanically exciting to begin with).
We've been being handed more and more TA's and less ways/reasons to spend them. Kinf has a cooldown, stim boost became a 2min cooldown and emergent emergencies got changed from emergency healing to more passive TA's (because derp) so it's just surgical probe all day everyday now.

I stopped healing anything that wasn't a guild raid a while ago. I don't find it as engaging a dps'ing in pvp and pugs.
When I'm back playing more I'll probably go back to heal for ranked but that's more to do with the dps specs being awful than medicine being particularly fun.

So no, you aren't alone.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

05.28.2014 , 07:01 AM | #3
Since the op I've been in ops heavy. Still very similar to my FP HM rotations. Hot em up and wait for bursts with infusion and RN. Lots of resources but gets them out of the danger quickly.

After a quick refresher on the mechanics it started to get boring again. Though still plowing ahead since going heals is quick invite to gear up my tanks for later use.

I switched to sin for PvP. It's doing a much better job than that old concealment op

05.28.2014 , 12:47 PM | #4
I absolutely love my healing OP, so nope... Im not bored. =)
Xe'nogears Lv65 OP, Styls Lv62 Sorc

05.29.2014 , 07:48 AM | #5
If you want a bigger challenge, do harder content.

steamrolling scrubs in warzones doesn't count. Solo queue and see if you can carry em
start doing ranked pvp, if you are mostly into pvp
start doing NiM raids, if you are into pve.

I love my op. So much room for potential

06.06.2014 , 12:35 PM | #6

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

07.05.2014 , 04:56 AM | #7
Healing in PvP is extremely fun due to the unexpected events that can occur in a situation. I agree healing is very easy as I can literally be spamming my Surgical Probe if i have my HOTs up on a few guys and be getting constant TA's or use a sneaky Kolto Injection and Surgical Probe and they'll be at a good level of HP
Characters of note:
Rythoria (60 Operative TRE) Rythora (60 Jugg TRE)
Omkoopbaar (55 Sorc TRE) Env (55 Guardian TRE)
Rysmash (60 Marauder TRE) Blastin (55 Commando POT5)

07.07.2014 , 11:00 AM | #8
Operative is the MOST boring healing class of the 3. Our priority is literally: probe all the things > Surgical probe.

09.03.2014 , 02:07 PM | #9
Looking for a guide to op healing and gearing got a level 22 but getting bored with concealment

btw which is the best of all the healer class's

09.03.2014 , 02:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by star-forge View Post
Looking for a guide to op healing and gearing got a level 22 but getting bored with concealment

btw which is the best of all the healer class's