Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Sage Healing

Cheveu
04.20.2014 , 06:00 AM | #31
Another question here

In PvE I'm currently using 4pc for the set bonus. They are composed of 162 Armoring with a mix of 168/180 mods/enhancements. Would you say it's better to use 2 set pc 162/168/168 and 3 non set 168/168/168 or 4pc 162/168/168 with one non set 168/168/168 ?

I've seen in a recent argument you had with someone on the Sorc healing guide that even though the +50 force isn't awesome it has its use, what would you say is the threshold to use it or not ?

Thanks in advance

DarkDisturbed
05.01.2014 , 12:50 AM | #32
This guide is not current, the skill allocations are not correct as the tree was changed.
Vriff
Jedi Covenant Founder of Legendary Republic

Darth_Dreselus
05.01.2014 , 10:16 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
This guide is not current, the skill allocations are not correct as the tree was changed.
Unfortunately Swtorspy and AMR are not yet updated and Torhead is broken for Sage/Sorcs. Fortunately though, while the position of talents in the Seer tree has been changed, their effect has not so you basically still want the same skills as those in the OP.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

jstyrka
05.10.2014 , 02:38 PM | #34
So now 2.8 is out can you still get the 2 piece pve set bonus for pvp and get max expertise still? I heard someone say u can do it and get 2014 exp but now sure how they did this

Orderken
05.30.2014 , 05:26 PM | #35
Today I updated the OP.
  1. The links to external sites for skill trees and PVP gear are up-to-date.
  2. I described the fact that Warzone Bolster continues to grant full or nearly full Expertise to certain PVE gear.
Orderken, <Hates You>, Prophecy of the Five

Guides and Model for Healing
Sorcerer / Sage / Mercenary / Commando / Operative / Scoundrel

Orderken
05.30.2014 , 05:36 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheveu View Post
Would you still say it's useful to play with the 2pc PvE set in PvP ?
(I currently am using gloves and legs)

With bolster I'm at 2018 Expertise since ... my pve pieces are 162/150/146. Do you think it'd be a good idea to go for 162/162/162 or stick with what I have?

Quote: Originally Posted by jstyrka View Post
So now 2.8 is out can you still get the 2 piece pve set bonus for pvp and get max expertise still? I heard someone say u can do it and get 2014 exp but now sure how they did this
For PVP, I recommend having the 2-piece PVE and 2-piece PVP set bonuses. Based on brief use of the "Bolsterizer" on Fleet, 162/150/146 continues to receive full Expertise, and an Arkanian piece (162/162/162) receives nearly full Expertise. I suspect that 162/162/162 is ideal, though I encourage you to experiment with the "Bolsterizer" and share with me any questions or findings.

Orderken
05.31.2014 , 05:47 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheveu View Post
[T]hough the +50 force isn't awesome it has its use, what would you say is the threshold to use it or not ?
I'd estimate that having the PVE Mystic's 4-piece set bonus (i.e., +50 Force) is better than about two tiers of Item Rating. For example, if your only Armorings with the PVE Mystic's 4-piece are Arkanian, Dread Forged > Arkanian > Kell Dragon > Underworld.

It can depend on the fight; in particular, whether it has one or more lulls that permit you to top up your Force between periods of intense damage. I can use most of my Force, and then top it up, several times during Dread Guards, Titan 6, or Brontes, so +50 Force is a valuable set bonus. In contrast, Thrasher doesn't have a lull between periods of intense damage, so +50 Force is lackluster.

AdrianDmitruk
06.02.2014 , 07:57 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Orderken View Post
For PVP, I recommend having the 2-piece PVE and 2-piece PVP set bonuses. Based on brief use of the "Bolsterizer" on Fleet, 162/150/146 continues to receive full Expertise, and an Arkanian piece (162/162/162) receives nearly full Expertise. I suspect that 162/162/162 is ideal, though I encourage you to experiment with the "Bolsterizer" and share with me any questions or findings.
My sorc Andreus uses the 162/162/162 setup.* I can confirm that the expertise penalty for 162 PVE gear is 1 expertise per mod slot.

So an Arkanian 162/162/162 will have a penalty of 3 expertise. 2 full Arkanian pieces (for the set bonus)=2012 expertise, and the disparity between PVE/PVP set bonuses is well worth it. As 162 is also where PVP gear tops out at right now, any non-expertise stats on the Arkanian gear should not change. This information will help you min-max your required PVE pieces, as you do NOT need to rely on bolster to upgrade your non-expertise stats in this situation--you can limit its effects to expertise only, which makes it easier to control.

As always never mix PVP/PVE armorings/mods in the same piece of gear as that WILL mess up your bolster far beyond the token penalty described above.

*Technically I run 162/162/162 and 162/162/156 pieces to get my 2 piece PVE set bonus, as I lack a separate PVE min-maxed 162 mod, but the bolster penalty seems to be the same per enhancement between 156 and 162 mods. If it is not, then the small dose of PVE gear required for set bonus gives the same -1 expertise/mod due to rounding error in the small sample size.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

Orderken
06.04.2014 , 11:42 AM | #39
This guide has exceeded the character limit for a single post. As a result, I've created a new thread. Please consider this thread closed. I won't be updating it.

NewObsidian
06.15.2014 , 04:06 PM | #40
The best guide for healing on this site. I heal when needed and this guide should be tagged. I subscribed to it and added you as a friend if you don't mind. Good Sorcerers have to stick together.