Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NikSunrider
04.29.2014 , 10:34 PM | #461
I understand that Eric has not been in this thread for a while now, but I still wish a little bit of a clarification:

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Kesphin,

If you had bought subscription time to make insure that you were a sub for the May 11th Early Access promotion, that remains unchanged. In fact, you actually are getting more now than you would have before! (2 additional rooms, mini-pet, and title).

Your subscription actually bought more, not less

-eric
I also bought subscription time to be elegible for the May 11th perks, I had taken the June 24th date into account, but with the rollback, my time will have elapsed.

Let me iterate that I would much prefer a quality product over an early release, I just wish an assertion that I understand things properly:
• I will still get the Nar Shaddaa Palace, plus the original 3 (now 5) rooms unlocked, but will gain access to these items in September with the rest of the prefferred. I.e., the sub benefits, but at the prefferred date.
Am I right?

Thanks, in advance, and please excuse if I rambled.
Blunt logic and common sense are my specialities. Handy weapons, those.
PVP • GSF • FPs • OPs • 55s • you name it! • my ref link

Hawkside Guilds: «Home Front»«Dread Acendancy»

NeoWolf
04.30.2014 , 08:01 AM | #462
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post

We know now there is one class of ship per faction, but I had hoped we might see different vessels to reflect the size, a cosy Corellion raider is all my little republic levelling guild needs while the massive Imperial guild gets a Star Destroyer. I don't want a guild ship that feels as abandoned as the Zoist Shadow and Gav Daragon's decks. I especially don't want to have a grand warship with only two rooms for my little guild.
See this would be an ideal fix for me. Different Scales of Guild Flagship.

You could have had smaller capital ships like say Hammerhead Cruiser (e.g. Endar Spire) or Thranta Class (e.g. Brentaal Star) for Republic and S Class Cruisers or Terminus Class Destroyers for the Sith Empire act as Guild Flagships for Small or Medium guilds.

Less size, possibly less options/functionality but more reasonable stepping stones in cost and time to acquire and within the reach of smaller or medium sized guilds to build from in order to reach the higher stepping stones down the line of the larger announced Harrower (sith) and Valor class (republic) cruisers for Guild Flagships.

This would then accomodate ALL guild sizes by enabling them to enjoy this feature by providing them an option within thier respective budgets while also providing them a means to upgrade at a later date. Rather than the system as it stands with just the two options which is likely to exclude all but the large guilds for QUITE some time, which is essentially going to be a slap in the face to most of the people who are paying for this features creation because they aren't likely to have access to it ANY time soon.

Quote:
Hopefully they have those fears worked out, but to be honest even if the cost is simply massive, credits and rep, I am content that over time even the smallest guilds can collaborate to earn it all. The massive guilds just have more collaborative power to accomplish things quickly and should be rewarded for it, not punished.
which would be true IF guild size were all that mattered but as I've mentioned before not all guilds have the same aims. What about say Social guilds or Roleplay guilds or Casual guilds. They are all types of guilds who would love something like a Guild Flagshi and are paying subs etc.. but the nature of thier enjoyment of the game isn't likely to have involved running endless op's or warzones or flashpoints in order to have garnered a gajillion creds. How are they going to get Guild Flagships and why doesnt the system take them into account from the get go? Are credits all that matter, really? Can thier be no more sensible, fair and condusive system to allow guild ships to be earned by guilds of ALL types and ALL sizes without reducing it to a cred grind?

As it stands this is a feature many of us, myself included have been crying for since PRE release, but are unlikely to have access too, because although were paying for it with our subscriptions apparently we aren't rich enough in game to be allowed access to it. That doesn't real; leave you feeling like you subscription is valued UNLESS you belong to a huge guild, does it. And that's pretty wrong on many levels.

Quote:
Remember also the guild ship gives buffs to the guild players on the planet it orbits. If that is the case, the smaller guilds have the advantage of parking it were the majority is and not just where the guild leaders are doing an op.
I seriously doubt the buff will be of any great significance, especially when most of us have buff scrolls and class buffs out of the wazoo already. I mean really how many more buffs to make the game even easier do we need?
THE HIDDEN CADRE

Mature, Casual, RP-PVE, GMT, English speaking, Social, forum use required

Superstienos
04.30.2014 , 11:00 AM | #463
Hi guys,

I have made a video about this pushback and I am going over some things in this forum as well.
Check it out if you want to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YReQkl76ez4

Greetz Superstienos

DreadtechSavant
04.30.2014 , 01:39 PM | #464
Have not read every post, got as far as page 28 so hope this has not already been asked or answered.

I know you said you could not yet give details on what can be put in the legacy bank, I understand that its still in talks amongst your developers.
However ,can you tell us how many spaces we will be getting, can more be brought and is there a maximum limit, if so can you tell us what this will be?

Thanks for any replies.

odonoghuet
04.30.2014 , 08:40 PM | #465
Quote: Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
which would be true IF guild size were all that mattered but as I've mentioned before not all guilds have the same aims. What about say Social guilds or Roleplay guilds or Casual guilds. They are all types of guilds who would love something like a Guild Flagshi and are paying subs etc.. but the nature of thier enjoyment of the game isn't likely to have involved running endless op's or warzones or flashpoints in order to have garnered a gajillion creds. How are they going to get Guild Flagships and why doesnt the system take them into account from the get go? Are credits all that matter, really? Can thier be no more sensible, fair and condusive system to allow guild ships to be earned by guilds of ALL types and ALL sizes without reducing it to a cred grind??
See I am working under the assumption that they want us to have guild ships, so that the introductory price of having one is going to be low and affordable to even tiny guilds, but it won't be as big and spacious as it can be if you continue poring credits/reputation/grinds into it which is where the strength of numbers comes from. It is just going to be awkward when my Inquisitor is on his two room warship then my bounty hunter on his twenty room same model warship. Maybe we sublet those rooms to Czerka...

I seriously doubt the buff will be of any great significance, especially when most of us have buff scrolls and class buffs out of the wazoo already. I mean really how many more buffs to make the game even easier do we need?
As long as there is NiM content, every buff is important.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

NeoWolf
05.01.2014 , 07:15 AM | #466
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
See I am working under the assumption that they want us to have guild ships, so that the introductory price of having one is going to be low and affordable to even tiny guilds, but it won't be as big and spacious as it can be if you continue poring credits/reputation/grinds into it which is where the strength of numbers comes from. It is just going to be awkward when my Inquisitor is on his two room warship then my bounty hunter on his twenty room same model warship. Maybe we sublet those rooms to Czerka...
I'm afraid the highlighted comment of Mr Musco's regarding Guild Flagships being something to strive for left me feeling that they are not working on the same assumption as yourself. Though i'd be more than happy for them to prove me wrong
My suspicion is that we simple will NOT have access to them at all until we have earned/purchased/gained access to them and the implication thus far has been that that will be costly and if indeed access is simply a matter of credits then large guilds (as in populous guilds) and those whose playstyles involve a lot of credit earning activities will obviously end up being favoured by such a system. But that would be wrong as the feature is meant to be for guilds as in ALL guilds. And so should as I've made point in my posts be attainable and accessible within reasonable time and effort to ALL sized guilds of ALL playstyles. And the only way I can see that happening in a way that is fair is by having different grade and cost of Guild Flagships e.g Thranta for small, Hammerhead for Medium, Valor for Large etc.. As then everyone instantly has access to something affordable to them based on thier size and activities out of the gate.

As long as there is NiM content, every buff is important.[/QUOTE]
THE HIDDEN CADRE

CyberneticDucks
05.01.2014 , 11:44 AM | #467
so, on may 11th us subs will get the strongholds and all those goodies. will the stronghold be available for us on that date, or do we get that at a later time and may 11th is just the deadline for the 5 rooms? i also am hoping to pick the rooms, the trailer said we can have staircases and balconies and stuff and i want the choose where they are on the house plans and what they are. the main page says its july that subs get early access, but other places suggest its on may 11th. im confused bioware!
people on the internet are only mean because they can get away with it

idnewton
05.01.2014 , 11:52 AM | #468
Quote: Originally Posted by CyberneticDucks View Post
the trailer said we can have staircases and balconies
No, no, it didn't. It's something they're going to implement in the future, not at the initial release.

It's funny how people listen to a video, hear something, and instantly start drawing conclusions without caring what the video actually said about it.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 Dread Fortress PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

Vandicus
05.01.2014 , 11:58 AM | #469
They are all types of guilds who would love something like a Guild Flagshi and are paying subs etc.. but the nature of thier enjoyment of the game isn't likely to have involved running endless op's or warzones or flashpoints in order to have garnered a gajillion creds. How are they going to get Guild Flagships and why doesnt the system take them into account from the get go? Are credits all that matter, really? Can thier be no more sensible, fair and condusive system to allow guild ships to be earned by guilds of ALL types and ALL sizes without reducing it to a cred grind?
Well think about it this way. 300 million is likely higher than the cost, and a single determined individual can earn that solely through solo activities over the course of a year without any crafting. I would hazard a guess that 100 million would be enough to unlock a guild shop and most if not all credit-purchaseable upgrades. Say you have 4 guild members, and they each contribute only 50,000(that's right, 50k) a day, it'd take only 500 days, about a year and a half to get all the unlocks. So even a super casual grind will probably get you there eventually. If each guild member actually contribute 200k per day(which is about what you earn by doing a set of dailies or two), then you'd have 100 million credits in 125 days, that is by early September, only a short while after the launch.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

NeoWolf
05.01.2014 , 01:42 PM | #470
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Well think about it this way. 300 million is likely higher than the cost, and a single determined individual can earn that solely through solo activities over the course of a year without any crafting. I would hazard a guess that 100 million would be enough to unlock a guild shop and most if not all credit-purchaseable upgrades. Say you have 4 guild members, and they each contribute only 50,000(that's right, 50k) a day, it'd take only 500 days, about a year and a half to get all the unlocks. So even a super casual grind will probably get you there eventually. If each guild member actually contribute 200k per day(which is about what you earn by doing a set of dailies or two), then you'd have 100 million credits in 125 days, that is by early September, only a short while after the launch.
Think of it this way your paying a sub to enjoy a game.. do you want to spend a year of that sub time purely grinding cash to enjoy a feature you helped pay to develop or would you sooner EARN the feature through relevant gameplay, while having fun in a more organic way that doesnt feel like a grind?

Grinds have become FAR too much of an accepted convention in todays MMO's but they don't add to enjoyment they detract from it. This feature is intended for guilds, whatever thier size and whatever thier type and so should provided the benefits in a way that is condusive to HOw they are already playing and enjoying the game thier sub pays for. Not require a monumental grind by all concerned in order to have it.
THE HIDDEN CADRE