Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on the Ship Role in Game Update 2.8

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on the Ship Role in Game Update 2.8
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nothematic
04.30.2014 , 12:56 PM | #11
Thanks for the update Eric.

Just out of interest, any news on when we can expect an updated roadmap?
Coastas - 60 Marauder | Enaico - 60 Sorcerer | Enairo - 60 Operative | Zabric - 32 Mercenary
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

ImmortalLowlife
04.30.2014 , 12:58 PM | #12
Thanks for keeping us informed, although I'm also among that number of players who won't touch GSF again until y'all add joystick/controller support. Any chance y'all have reconsidered?
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

OrionLives
04.30.2014 , 01:10 PM | #13
Thank you for the update! I love GSF but as repetitive as my response may be I agree with those in this thread. I think attention will best be placed in other areas. Again thank you for the update Eric.

P.S. please for me Eric could you answer a popular question?
Is there any hope for a toggle hood option in the future?
Robbby
Begeren Colony /// The Harbinger
Snw - Marauder - The Krayt Supremacy
"Ya'll Motha F*ckas Need Kephess!"

Sindariel
04.30.2014 , 01:11 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
... we felt that Starfighter was in a healthy state...
Rofl...

EricMusco
04.30.2014 , 01:13 PM | #15 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
2.8 patch notes would be exciting
Now excuse me while I keep refreshing to hope the notes pop up
The 2.8 notes will go live once PTS is up. That is still tentatively planned for tomorrow!

Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
Thanks for the update Eric.

Just out of interest, any news on when we can expect an updated roadmap?
Bruce is hard at work on it. I am still not entirely sure on a timeline, I would be reluctant to say sometime next week but I am not sure. We are actively working on it and want to get it out to all of you ASAP.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarthTHC
04.30.2014 , 01:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by OrionLives View Post
Thank you for the update! I love GSF but as repetitive as my response may be I agree with those in this thread. I think attention will best be placed in other areas. Again thank you for the update Eric.

P.S. please for me Eric could you answer a popular question?
Is there any hope for a toggle hood option in the future?
Don't we keep seeing hood / no-hood variants? I'm guessing that means no.

underbridge
04.30.2014 , 01:15 PM | #17
Not a big shock for those of us who've put a lot of time in, queues have been getting longer and longer even at peak times.

I'd like to see a degree of honesty* here, I don't think we're going to get one..

I got the timeline, understood Bioware's process here, they saw PvE space getting numbers and the massive pre-beta requests for space action, and they jumped on it.

Sadly, as so many MMO's do, they saw a BIG win in grabbing the hard core PvP/EVE/*Famous* 'X-Wing vs TIE Fighter' market and failed to see that the people asking for this content ain't them.

I'm sorry gang but Star Wars fans didn't grow up playing call of duty, they grew up playing vanilla X-Wing a & Tie Fighter. One day, some exec in a suit will get it... and will be burnt upon the altar of supposed heresy and their bones shall be gnawed upon for their delicious juices....

mmmmMmmmm ..... delicious juices... :P

* Numbers like these "80% increase in space PvP battles in the last 3 months!" ..are bad numbers.

Same numbers, "80% increase in the space PvP battles in the last 3 months!.. with an increase in gaming time across the board up by 140%" so a marked decrease in real terms.. and "PvE space down 60% in adjusted player time since 2.0, essentially because we've abandoned it and haven't had a reward change in years, unless you count the reward nerf. Sorry about that."
The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the force. The force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined.

MisterBlackJack
04.30.2014 , 01:22 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I have yet to try GSF: it just doesn't seem like it would appeal to me (without joystick type controls).

But thanks for the consistent, clear communication... even when you think the message may not be popular.
It's alot of fun. It's not hard with the mouse and key and once you get use to the controls its easy to move around and very engaging.

I'm am a bit dissapointed that there won't be new ship role *cough the stealth style infiltrator cough* But i understand that other content needs to take some priorities. I just hope we get more gamemodes and more in upcoming major content patches
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

Vandicus
04.30.2014 , 01:23 PM | #19
This should probably be stickied.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Count_Mario
04.30.2014 , 01:26 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,
a new Gunship and a new Bomber
Even without a Stealth Ship sneaking into 2.8, I like the substitutes.