Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Idea: PVP Spectate mode (Ranked Arenas)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Idea: PVP Spectate mode (Ranked Arenas)

Sethan_Cinomed
04.30.2014 , 10:00 AM | #1
What's an arena without a crowd? How awesome would be that if you could spectate other matches while you were Queued?
  • Learn tactics
  • Gauge the competition
  • Familiarization with possible teammates (solo Q)
  • Spectate (pretty awesome imo)
  • Something to do while in Q
Croàker ~ Élmo ~ Mùrgen ~ SoulCátcher
The Black Company Legacy
Hagop ~ Ottoe ~ Won-I ~ Sleepy

undiess
04.30.2014 , 10:21 AM | #2
I'd much rather people learn to twitch.tv, which would promote the game and provide me more entertainment to watch.

Sethan_Cinomed
04.30.2014 , 10:29 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by undiess View Post
I'd much rather people learn to twitch.tv, which would promote the game and provide me more entertainment to watch.
Would'nt that require the player to run the additional software on overhead? Idk about you but I only run sw:tor when in ranked. I don't want anything dragging down my PC's performance or causing hiccups.

I just want to watch it, not produce it.
The Black Company Legacy

undiess
04.30.2014 , 10:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sethan_Cinomed View Post
Would'nt that require the player to run the additional software on overhead? Idk about you but I only run sw:tor when in ranked. I don't want anything dragging down my PC's performance or causing hiccups.

I just want to watch it, not produce it.
Yeah, does require more setup and usage. but those who are competing would likely have a good computer. I believe there was a requirement on super awesome POT5 guild where to join them you had to have an Alienware computer...

Sethan_Cinomed
04.30.2014 , 11:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by undiess View Post
Yeah, does require more setup and usage. but those who are competing would likely have a good computer. I believe there was a requirement on super awesome POT5 guild where to join them you had to have an Alienware computer...
Thats pretty over the top requirement that someone uses a specific brand... my set up is just fine. If your PC runs the game well, it will run ranked well (much better than regs).

But anyway, you could still run your twitch recording from spectate mode, and if the spectate mode allowed free roaming you could get some pretty awesome views into the recording.

Using something like fraps or whatever is nice if you want to record your own matches. I am saying, spectate other players matches.
The Black Company Legacy