Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do WZ queues work?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How do WZ queues work?

HelinCarnate
04.29.2014 , 02:03 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by kcon View Post
LMAO your math teacher is crying right now. please show your work so we can all laugh at you
6/6 chance of something popping for the first warzone.
1/6 chance of the 2nd one matching
1/6 chance of the 3rd one matching.

Total odds for the 2nd and 3rd matching the 1st is 1/36.

Now the odds of the next 3 warzones all being say, Civil War, your numbers are correct for that.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

kcon
04.29.2014 , 05:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
6/6 chance of something popping for the first warzone.
1/6 chance of the 2nd one matching
1/6 chance of the 3rd one matching.

Total odds for the 2nd and 3rd matching the 1st is 1/36.

Now the odds of the next 3 warzones all being say, Civil War, your numbers are correct for that.
Ok, i can admit when I'm wrong and i apologize for ineptitude.

For those who care i actually found a good link where BW explained the WZ queues.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6200556
-=Doombringer Legacy =-
< Ghost Infantry >
Flash'light, Full'choke, Sorrow'saber
Candy'cane, Pwnage, Swo

kcon
04.29.2014 , 08:23 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
The previous poster is correct. For a 4% chance to repeat the same warzone 3 times in a row, I sure as heck have spent the past week or so getting multiple such streaks. For the first few days after 2.0 went live, I don't think I actually had any streak less than 3 warzones in a row. I'm sure there were exceptions here and there, but my point is that it sure as heck felt like it was very, very consistently 3 Voidstars in a row, 3 Huttballs in a row, 3 Civil Wars in a row, etc. This was also the experience for just about everyone I have spoken to - upwards of 20 - 25 people.

It may well be that over the course of the total sample the streakiness may not demonstrate itself to be outside of expected probability, but that it is a problem in more particular instances. For example, perhaps on a given day or a particular server there was greater streakiness than in the whole. It may even be that this is a bug which affects only certain players and so disappears in the mix of the data as a whole.

In any case, there are far too many people complaining about this issue to simply regard everything as working correctly. Something definitely seems to be going on somewhere.

Yet I read posts like this and make me think that BW is making stuff up too.

I, like this poster, though that was just how the WZ system worked.
-=Doombringer Legacy =-
< Ghost Infantry >
Flash'light, Full'choke, Sorrow'saber
Candy'cane, Pwnage, Swo