Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Chat bug?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dacentabaal's Avatar


dacentabaal
04.28.2014 , 10:22 PM | #11
All fine on The Progenitor, so its either a server issue or I dunno. have you tried resetting your UI (CRTL U U) ?
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

Hoshkar's Avatar


Hoshkar
04.28.2014 , 10:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by dacentabaal View Post
All fine on The Progenitor, so its either a server issue or I dunno. have you tried resetting your UI (CRTL U U) ?

Pretty sure if restarting computers did not fix it, that will not help much either...
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
04.28.2014 , 11:15 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by dacentabaal View Post
All fine on The Progenitor, so its either a server issue or I dunno. have you tried resetting your UI (CRTL U U) ?
Everyone on Ebon Hawk is having the same problem so I don't think it is a UI problem.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

Timesplitter's Avatar


Timesplitter
04.29.2014 , 01:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by dacentabaal View Post
All fine on The Progenitor, so its either a server issue or I dunno. have you tried resetting your UI (CRTL U U) ?
It's also on The Progenitor now,

TaitWatson's Avatar


TaitWatson
04.29.2014 , 01:42 PM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
We're looking into this! Thank you for your reports. I'll post when I have any additional information for you all!

-tw
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jerba's Avatar


Jerba
04.29.2014 , 02:13 PM | #16
I played around with chat a little bit; hope this helps with debugging:
  • The /say, /yell and /me channels all seem to work fine
  • Whispers to other players work fine
  • Guild and Party chat work fine
  • All other channels (General, PvP, Trade as well as custom channels like LFG) are buggy in that they will stop working after a few minutes.
  • Player login/logoff and guild member login/logoff messages also seem to be missing.

It is possible to temporarily get chat working with the following commands (replace general by the chat channel name):
  • /cleave general
  • /cjoin general
  • /1 test
Then, you can once again write in chat, read in chat and see the join/leave messages for ~10 minutes. After that, you no longer see any messages from the chat, and when trying to write something, it does not show up in chat.

Also, you can get chat working by logging out of the character and logging back in. This causes you to newly join all chat channels and you will be able to use chat for a few minutes.

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
04.29.2014 , 02:46 PM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Quick update on the chat issue. We believe we have isolated the problem and we are actively working on a fix. We are going to be testing this fix throughout the night and our current plan (assuming it looks good in testing) is to apply it tomorrow. As it stands now, this fix shouldn't require any downtime.

For the issue itself, it does appear that volume in chat is related and that as more people are in chat, the issue can get worse. EU has already gone through their "prime time" but for all of you NA folks, you can expect higher visibility of these issues as you move through your servers peak times.

Again, I will get updates to you as I have them and currently a fix is planned for tomorrow which will not require any downtime.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarthWarlawk's Avatar


DarthWarlawk
04.29.2014 , 03:16 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quick update on the chat issue. We believe we have isolated the problem and we are actively working on a fix. We are going to be testing this fix throughout the night and our current plan (assuming it looks good in testing) is to apply it tomorrow. As it stands now, this fix shouldn't require any downtime.

For the issue itself, it does appear that volume in chat is related and that as more people are in chat, the issue can get worse. EU has already gone through their "prime time" but for all of you NA folks, you can expect higher visibility of these issues as you move through your servers peak times.

Again, I will get updates to you as I have them and currently a fix is planned for tomorrow which will not require any downtime.




-eric

Um, the chat bug is the least of my problems. Whatever you guys did, i can't launch the client. I keep getting an error.

Elfa's Avatar


Elfa
04.29.2014 , 04:48 PM | #19
If possible, could we get the chat to go down on Shadowlands by any chance, cause it SUCKS.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

cultusatanas's Avatar


cultusatanas
04.29.2014 , 05:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
If possible, could we get the chat to go down on Shadowlands by any chance, cause it SUCKS.
I second that.....
Confederates
of the
Empire