Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat bug?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

oveyonkanobie
04.28.2014 , 09:45 PM | #1
So, running a few flash points tonight and I wasn't able to use chat.. I could type in the chat box, so could other people.. but it would not go in to the chat box......... Everyone in my guild had this issue, so I am assuming its a wide spread issue..... would have been nice to talk to group members again...

Also, log out and back in does not fix the issue....

Saregon
04.28.2014 , 09:50 PM | #2
Just switched characters and now my chat is broke too!

Chat server crash?
N e v e r . F o r g e t

docbenwayddo
04.28.2014 , 09:52 PM | #3
I'm having this too on The Ebon Hawk. Suddenly nothing I typed showed in any channel. All I could see were friend/guild log on/off messages and emote text.

Saregon
04.28.2014 , 09:53 PM | #4
Yeah I'm on Ebon Hawk too!
N e v e r . F o r g e t

LordRoth
04.28.2014 , 09:54 PM | #5
All is proceeding as I have foreseen.
Squadron 238
Naga Sadow
Inhert - Terrible Sorcerer

Hoshkar
04.28.2014 , 09:58 PM | #6
Glad it is not just me then, I restarted my computer, router, modem, everything. Shoulda looked here first I suppose

Also on Ebon Hawk!

Someones ERP broke the game
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

Squirrelflight
04.28.2014 , 10:04 PM | #7
same server...same issue...wth?
Jung Ma-Tigerclaw Ebon Hawk-Scarredevil

SayEndo
04.28.2014 , 10:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoshkar View Post
Glad it is not just me then, I restarted my computer, router, modem, everything. Shoulda looked here first I suppose

Also on Ebon Hawk!

Someones ERP broke the game
Same. Logged out first. Then tried restarting the game, then rebooting. I could see the connection was fine, and I was at my wits end trying to talk to a friend. I finally discovered it wasn't just me when my guild started putting things in the guild MOTD.

Punknaught
04.28.2014 , 10:13 PM | #9
1. In an effort to curb trolls and bot/gold sellers all chat has been turned off on the ebon hawk. (In jest)

It is quite annoying

(It is in the patch notes this particular problem even though I have never seen it till today)

Hoshkar
04.28.2014 , 10:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SayEndo View Post
Same. I finally discovered it wasn't just me when my guild started putting things in the guild MOTD.

Good idea, going to toss a note in mine, make sure they know the world is not ending....
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)